This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team in a newly created role as a Senior Manager, Business Reporting within our Banking and Financial Services division. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a difference, challenge the status quo and support Business stakeholders uplift processes and maintain a robust regulatory control environment.
As an inspirational leader you’ll bring knowledge of, and a genuine interest in business reporting, and be a highly motivated and organised individual with strong interpersonal skills. You will be able to demonstrate success in prior roles within financial institutions or a Big 4 institution, demonstrate your knowledge of financial reporting and/or control and governance frameworks and be looking for opportunities to take the next step in your career and expand your skillset.
You will play a significant role in supporting our team to enhance data management and analytics capability across the balance sheet and statistical reporting function and meet increasing regulatory and business-driven needs. Are you working in a data management, automation or related field, passionate about technology, and excited by exploring and experimenting with the latest techniques to partner with businesses? If so, we would love you to join our high-performing team in our Banking and Finance Services Division
In this diverse role you will be challenged daily whilst being part of a team that supports flexible working arrangements to suit your needs outside of work. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the review of balance sheet and statistical deliverables for external stakeholders including APRA, RBA and ABS
- Providing advisory expertise and implementing regulatory reporting requirements within a business context
- Assess and develop strong controls, robust documentation, and change management approach
- SME (subject matter expert) review of requirements, interpretation, data discovery and design deliverables
- Embedding processes to transition new change requests/projects to business-as-usual activities
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for automation, process improvement and efficiencies, through Product teams engagement and working with new technologies and platforms
- Partnering and building strong relationships with a variety of senior level stakeholders across the Banking Financial Services and the wider Macquarie group including Group teams, Product, Data, Technology and risk management teams
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement in the Reporting processes
- Keeps up-to-date with new and evolving
reporting requirements, regulatory standard changes and the banking industry changes as a whole
Your technical skills and qualifications will include:
- A tertiary degree in Business/Commerce and 8+ years’ post-qualification experience in the financial services industry
- Previous experience and knowledge of financial reporting (regulatory reporting desirable)
- Knowledge and a passion for data, reporting and analytics in a control environment
- Strong relationship building, communication and stakeholder management skills will also be paramount to your success in this role.
Finally, you will:
- be curious, always asking, “What’s new,” and “How can we do this better”
- be generous with your knowledge, time, and feedback
- be bold, seeing challenges as opportunities that can be overcome as a team
- have tertiary qualifications in Accounting or Finance
- have exceptional communication skills
- have the ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and empower our staff to aim for excellence in everything we do. We believe that flexibility is a key driver to our people’s success and welcome the opportunity to discuss what flexibility means to you.
If you are a passionate, well rounded Finance professional who has strong advisory skills, we are keen to hear from you.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.