Are you a financial crime risk management professional who wants to be part of a change that matters?
An excellent opportunity exists for a Payment Compliance Analyst with a strong learning and risk mindset to join us on an exciting transformation program and contribute to the transformational change whilst working in an analytical role in a fast-paced environment.
We are building our global Payments Compliance Team in our Operations division and we want you to be a part of it! The team is responsible for a range of Anti–Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing activities (AML & CTF) and your key focus will be on screening of payments against sanctions and watch lists to identify sanctioned persons, countries or activities as well as the screening and assessment of cross-border payments for regulatory reporting such as International Funds Transfer Instructions (IFTI) reporting.
In this 1st line of defence role, you will:
- Conduct investigations of potential sanctions alerts and queries in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Screening entity names against sanctions, adverse news, and politically exposed persons list in relation to third party payments
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration and oversight of the IFTI reporting process. This involves acting as the escalation point for business aligned teams, assessment of reportability in line with internal policy and ensuring Macquarie complies with its reporting obligations to AUSTRAC
- Escalation of due diligence findings for further guidance or approval to the Financial Crime Risk team
- Establish relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders across the Group including operating businesses, Technology, and the Financial Crime Risk on payment compliance requirements.
To be part of this journey, you are someone who can bring a minimum 2-3 years’ experience working in a financial crime risk management environment and who can demonstrate a strong understanding of financial crime risk management frameworks, processes, controls and technology. You can display sound judgement and commercial acumen to manage effective risk outcomes and can identify problems, come up with solutions and make recommendations. You thrive for continuous improvement and your enthusiasm and learning mindset will see you succeed in this role. Direct experience in payment screening and IFTI reporting is highly desirable.
This is a great opportunity to elevate your career in financial crime and join a global organisation with a culture that is truly unique.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.