An opportunity exists for a Desktop Publisher with 3 to 5 years' experience to join our Creative team in Philadelphia. You will work as part of an award-winning global team of presentation and document specialists, responsible for the production of high-quality marketing collateral that meets business requirements in line with Macquarie Group brand standards and business strategy. You will combine your high level of proficiency in both MS Office and Adobe Indesign with a creative approach to content layout and template design, and be flexible and resilient while working within tight timeframes
In this role you will be a key member of a global team, providing you with the opportunity to partner and collaborate with creative colleagues across our regional offices. The Creative team provides design and desktop publishing services across a broad range of marketing materials for content and strategic marketing. This spans the full range of Macquarie’s internal and external communication channels including our increasingly important social and digital platforms. The team is responsible for engaging with clients, employees and the communities in which we live and work around the world. We partner with all marketing teams on brand; content development; creative campaigns; leadership, internal and marketing communications.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting briefs from regional Design Leads and internal clients to produce impactful presentations and other design materials, taking into consideration layout and design fundamentals
- Creating a wide range of high-quality marketing material within branding guidelines: presentations, animations, pitch books, bid submissions, invitations, advertisements, flyers, posters, and brochures using Microsoft Office and Indesign
- Working with clients to understand their requirements and advise on the most appropriate solution in line with the brief
- Work closely with Marketing and Comms peers providing advanced formatting support for PowerPoint and Word documents including Excel charting, redesigning slides and animations in PowerPoint to convey key messages
- Ensure all design requests are produced in a timely manner and to a high standard in accordance with corporate brand standards, guidelines and templates
- Utilize Jira Service Desk to ensure all time is logged, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
You will have:
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office programs (specifically PowerPoint, Word and Excel) including developing and using templates within MS Office environment and Excel charting
- Good design, typesetting and layout of presentations, pitchbooks, investor reports and financial statements
- Understanding of corporate sign off processes and managing stakeholder engagement on projects
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work efficiently under pressure and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail with a focus on quality and consistency, with creative vision and knowledge of the principles of good design/layout
- Excellent problem-solving ability and a quick learner who is able to work quickly and independently
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and build relationships with internal clients and colleagues
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat).
A self-starter with 3 to 5 years experience in a similar desktop publishing role, producing and delivering requests in a timely manner and to a high standard will see you developing an excellent knowledge of Macquarie’s brand, style and processes. Whilst experience in financial services is not necessary, an understanding of what we do and prior work experience in a professional services environment is required. You are positive and collaborative, and like working in a team that is motivated to support each other across projects and time zones.
The successful candidate must be able to display the following:
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience in a similar role
- A subject matter expert in Microsoft Office promoting best practices and staying across latest trends and software
- Professional, pro-active, committed and disciplined in your approach
- Ability to build ongoing strong relationships with stakeholders
- Influencing and negotiation skills to achieve desired outcomes
- Collaborative approach, flexible and tenacious regarding working hours
- Proactively taking responsibility for your work allocation and delivery
- Ongoing communication of key priorities and understanding of impact on other areas of the business
- Flexible and results driven approach and thrive in a fast paced and creative environment.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.