Join our Real Assets team as the Head of Corporate Governance and Legal Operations for our New York office. You’ll play a key role in shaping corporate governance and overseeing legal operations across the business.
Our culture reflects the high performing talent we employ as well as our entrepreneurial spirit. You will possess strong legal and interpersonal skills, an interest in private fund investment, asset management, corporate governance best practices, and the ability to acquire new skills in a fast-paced work environment.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee the Real Assets Legal team’s corporate governance strategy and legal operations framework
- Advise on, and refine processes with respect to, corporate governance best practices
- Provide expert guidance on corporate governance matters in line with evolving governance landscape and internal policies and procedures
- Manage legal aspects of internal transactions and developments such as restructurings, distributions, contributions, D&O changes, dissolutions, etc.
- Oversee governance aspects of investment committee and board activities and develop streamlined processes with respect thereto
- Manage team that maintains document registries and databases and implement best practices with respect to the maintenance of corporate records
- Develop playbooks with respect to portfolio company interface with Real Assets Legal team
- Support M&A transactional activity
To be successful, you will have:
- A Juris Doctor degree
- 4-6 years post qualification experience, either at top-tier law firm or in-house
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Expert knowledge of corporate governance and an interest in staying informed of best practices
- Expertise in preparing and reviewing documents such as formation documents, authorizations, dissolutions, etc.
- An ability to work collaboratively across multiple stakeholders and within a small legal team
- Superior organization skills and ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Strong management skills and ability to train and manage more junior team members
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, initiative and a good eye for detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive outlook and ability to remain calm in a busy environment
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2021, Macquarie Asset Management had $A562.2 billion of assets under management.
The Real Assets division of Macquarie Asset Management (formerly known as Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets or MIRA) is one of the world’s leading alternative asset managers, offering clients investment opportunities across infrastructure, renewables, real estate, agriculture, private credit and transportation finance. For more than twenty-five years, we have partnered with investors, governments, and communities to manage, develop, and enhance assets relied on by more than 100 million people each day. As of June 30, 2021, the Real Assets division had US$148 billion in assets under management and US$110 billion in equity under management, including approximately 150 portfolio businesses, 490 properties and 4.7 million hectares of farmland.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.mar
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.