Join our Financial Control Team as a Commodity Deal Accountant. In this business partnering role, you will primarily focus on the energy, agriculture, and metals markets (physical and financial) and provide transactional advice and technical accounting support to our Commodities and Global Markets trading desk. The scope of business activity is broad, with structures including physical and financial products.
You will work closely with our traders and structures to provides them with full visibility and alignment of financial management activities and cost, including to automate, review and improve finance processes all while ensuring compliance with policies, frameworks and minimum control standards.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Review new products and transaction to determine and document the appropriate accounting treatment
- Interpret and apply accounting standards to commodity transactions as well as communicate complex issues to non-specialists.
- Business advisory services for regional Commodities and Global Markets transactions
- Identify and deliver improvement opportunities in the End-to-End environment by simplification, standardization, and automation within Financial Control and as part of key Financial Management Group wide strategic projects.
- Ensure compliance with Macquarie’s Financial Control framework and Finance Control and Operating Standards.
- Report deliverables to Finance stakeholders (including Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Regulatory, Treasury and Legal Entity Control) – ad-hoc in nature.
To be successful in this role, you will have some of the following:
- An accounting qualification (bachelor’s degree, CPA, Chartered Accountant)
- Experience within an accounting/finance function
- Technical accounting experience (with knowledge of IFRS preferred)
- Banking / finance experience working in a technical accounting role is a plus
- Knowledge of energy commodity industry / markets accounting is a plus
- Basic project management skills to support bank wide and divisional projects
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.