This is an exceptional opportunity to join our Financial Control team as a transactional accountant supporting our Commodities and Global Markets business in our dynamic Houston office.
Our dedicated Commodities and Global Markets Finance team, within Macquarie’s Financial Management Group, delivers business specific Financial Management activities and ensures compliance with policies, frameworks, and minimum control standards.
Our team works closely with Commodities and Global Markets and provides them with full visibility and alignment of financial management activities and cost, including to automate, review and improve Finance processes.
In this business partnering role, primarily focusing on energy, agriculture and metals markets (physical and financial), you will provide transaction advice to Commodities and Global Markets divisions and provide them with technical accounting support. The scope of business activity is broad, with structures including physical and financial products.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- business advisory services for regional Commodities and Global Markets transactions.
- reviewing proposed transactions / new products, documenting appropriate accounting treatment, and coordinating Finance Management Group approvals.
- providing assistance with interpreting and practically applying accounting standards to commodity transactions and communicating complex issues to non-specialists.
- identifying and delivering improvement opportunities in the End-to-End environment by simplification, standardization, and automation within Financial Control and as part of key Financial Management Group wide strategic projects.
- compliance with Macquarie’s Financial Control framework and Finance Control and Operating Standards.
- reporting deliverables to Finance stakeholders (including Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Regulatory, Treasury and Legal Entity Control) – ad-hoc in nature.
To be successful in this role, you will have some of the following:
- an accounting qualification (bachelor’s degree, CPA, Chartered Accountant)
- 5-7 plus years’ overall experience within an accounting/finance function
- technical accounting experience (with knowledge of IFRS preferred)
- banking / finance experience working in a technical accounting role
- knowledge of Commodity industry / markets accounting
- basic project management skills to support bank wide and divisional projects
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.