See yourself in our team
Consider yourself a future leader in financial services? Are you keen to play a role in the evolution and transformation of financial management services?
Help us pipeline our next generation of talent and join us as an Executive within a specialist AASB9 credit provision team which is part of Group Finance function on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
The team is based in Sydney and you will work collaboratively in a small and collegiate group to facilitate the end-to-end credit provisioning processes across the group. This would cover both the operational and reporting aspects of the process
What impact will you have?
You will be equipped with the hands-on, end to end process knowledge to enable you to learn and develop in to you role, where you will be responsible for
- Detailed awareness of the system and ability to handle the data within the system which processes the credit provision of the group.
- Financial accounting activities including understanding of the chart of accounts, journaling process, posting, reconciliation and ledger review
- Using excel and other reporting tools support the compilation and delivery of meaningful credit provisioning reports/analysis on a monthly and periodic basis.
- interact with key stakeholders in Risk, Finance and the Business to support their requirements related to credit provisioning
- Be aware of the projects across the group and be involved in impact reviews and other activities including support for upgrade of the credit provision system.
The role requires broad engagement with your stakeholders, with good communication skills; along with the capability to independently deal with and resolve issues with appropriate escalation. You will develop a strong understanding of your area, the control framework and accounting best practice, and use this knowledge to provide c
But enough about us – what’s in it for you? You’ll be joining a team that is supportive and inclusive, where we want you to be comfortable being your authentic self, every day. You’ll be supported by your peers and leaders, and be given the opportunity to grow and develop, ultimately giving you influence over the direction your career takes.
Your technical skills and qualifications will include a tertiary degree in accounting or similar, a CA/CPA qualification, with previous experience in financial services preferred. You will be a confident performer who has a background in accounting, finance, risk or treasury and a strong interest in a career in financial services.
Finally, you will:
- be curious, always asking, “What’s new,” and “How can we do this better”
- demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively in a global team
- have a strong attention to detail and ability to remain organised in a dynamic environment
- be bold, seeing challenges as opportunities that can be overcome as a team
- have exceptional communication skills and the ability to engage with various stakeholders
If you are a passionate, about further developing your skills and hold the skills, we are keen to hear from you.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.