If you have a natural penchant for numbers and problem solving, there is an exciting opportunity in our Philadelphia office for a Financial Analyst / Special Projects resource supporting the Macquarie Asset Management Public Investments’ Business Finance team. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment which will offer senior-level management exposure across a wide variety of business activities. You will possess a positive, confident, and proactive approach, as well as exceptional time management skills. The ability to manage high priority, concurrent tasks is essential. In this role, you will lead high level analysis and preparation of profitability, compensation schedules / models as well as a broad remit on special projects. The role reports to and works closely with the Global Head of Business Finance.
In this role, you will:
- Perform the broad profit / revenue share modelling and analysis required to manage the divisional process. This responsibility would require global coordination and analysis of the financial data provided by the Business Finance team as well as working in close coordination with the various investment teams.
- Institutionalize the current capture mechanisms and processes involved in the preparation of financial data used in the profit / revenue share, and profitability analyses.
- Internalize the maintenance and creation of the various models into Finance to ensure proper and accurate linkage to the financials and add a degree of segregation of duties.
- Create a fluid and agile process which is directly linked to the Division’s budgeting forecasting and analysis on an on-going basis.
- Assist the Global Head and senior team members with ad hoc project and requests providing essential capacity for the team. Project work related to both organic and inorganic activity. This role requires a high degree of independent thought and will include analysis of existing and prospective acquisitions, segmented profitability analyses, as well as ad hoc research given current events. The latter could include competitor analysis, merger and acquisition trends, industry growth, etc.
You will have more than five years of educational or work experience relevant to the Investment Management / Financial Services industry combined with strong numerical and financial modelling skills. You will be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of corporate finance, be well organized, and have an eye for detail. A CPA or MBA is preferred.
As a financial analyst, you will have excellent written and oral communication skills. You will be a proactive and resilient individual possessing strong interpersonal skills which will give you the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels.
An ability to maintain confidentiality, think laterally, solve problems independently, drive initiatives and manage projects, while working cohesively as part of a larger team, are all key characteristics required for this role. An advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint skills is necessary.
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, renewables, natural assets, real estate, and transportation finance.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.