Join our Commodity Markets and Finance division within our Commodities and Global Markets business as a Portfolio/Credit Senior Analyst. Based in New York, this role involves collateral and deal management of a diverse portfolio of energy, agricultural, and metals loans and structured transactions.
The Portfolio Management Group (PMG) is charged with instilling confidence to all stakeholders in our ability to identify, analyze, and properly mitigate the risks facing the bank and our clients. The PMG seeks to own the risk while working collaboratively with specialized teams.
In the Senior Analyst role, you will develop your career by working independently and as part of the deal team alongside the Senior Portfolio Managers and interacting with originators, credit risk, legal, and other members of the Macquarie Group in the deal formation, structuring, and approval phase of lending and structured trade transactions. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing clients’ financial, operational, and management strengths and weaknesses to identify potential capital, balance sheet, and reputation risks
- Identifying credit issues or challenges and developing risk mitigation structures
- Partnering with relationship teams to structure and propose new credit transactions as well as coordinate customer due diligence, documentation, and loan closing processes
- Preparing annual reviews and underwriting memos with analysis of a company's financial metrics, key risk factors, repayment sources, cash flow, and ability to service debt
- Monitoring of compliance - both financial and reporting - and borrowing base validation on a portfolio of clients
- Maintaining direct and continuous communication with Macquarie’s customers and other external parties.
Other responsibilities will include obtaining and analyzing relevant financial information, managing loan administration aspects, and providing regular portfolio reporting to senior management.
The Senior Analyst role is designed for rapid career development. Over 24-36 months, you will be exposed to all aspects of commodity finance transactions and clients with the expectation of development and refinement of your credit skills. Formal and informal trainings will take place to deepen your understanding of general concepts as well as specific functional tasks.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Major in finance, economics, accounting or other quantitative disciplines
- Minimum five years of Commercial or Corporate Banking experience with credit training providing an understanding of banking and risk-related issues
- Experience with commodities
- Experience in the energy, agricultural and metals sectors is a plus
- Hunger for knowledge and intellectual curiosity
- Drive for personal growth, high achievement, and accountability
- Impeccable character
- Strong attention to detail.
If you are motivated to join a leading global provider within the markets industry, please apply online now. For more information, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.