Forget what you know about big banks and how they do digital. We are a little different. We work like a small start-up in a large organisation which is really great, because unlike some start-ups we're fully funded to innovate and push digital boundaries.
You’ll join a diverse team with backgrounds from across the world, and we all have one thing in common – we love all things tech and changing customer experiences. We are doing great things which will revolutionise how our customers interact with us and our products.
With us you will be able to be a true digital trailblazer; we want your opinion to help us go from strength to strength. You will be a part of a team that loves the work they do and enjoys working with each other.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Translating UI/UX designs wireframes to actual code that produce visual elements of the applications
- Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX design
- Working with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that the user-facing features comply with the standards set for design, coding, security and legal
- Creating visual tests and integration tests that helps in regression
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- Working with the team to support the product as a DevOps team
- Being across changes in the fast-moving world of Frontend Engineering
- Interacting with team in technical discussions, design & code reviews
- Identifying and address performance and scalability bottlenecks
- Participating in defining & evolving best practices for front end engineering.
Your time will typically be split across core development, enhancement of the product and supporting the product, working with the team across the full development lifecycle to include design, testing and peer code reviews.
You will need to bring to this role:
- Solid understanding of HTML5, CSS3 and SASS/LESS pre-processors
- Good understanding of tooling such as NPM, Yarn, Webpack, Gulp etc.
- Good understanding of writing unit tests using tools such as Jasmine or Jest
- Experience with GIT source control, along with CI tools like Bamboo and proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Writing e2e tests using Cypress
- RxJS/ngRx/Reactive programming experience
- Web accessibility experience
- Design system experience
- Experience working with Google Analytics
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.