Are you an experienced Payments Engineer? Do you have an interest in technology and payments? We're a little different, we work like a small start-up in a large organisation, and we're fully funded to innovate and push digital boundaries.
As a Payments Engineer in our team, you will shape and build the technology solutions to support our core Payments capabilities. Like us, you'll love all things tech and strive to improve our customer’s experience.
Join us on our mission to be Australia’s #1 Digital Bank.
As a Payments Engineer in our team, you will take part in end-to-end solution delivery. You’ll design and build clean, efficient, robust and reliable solutions that deliver to our customers and our payments future state. You will also share responsibility towards improving quality, modernising our stack, continuous delivery, production support and are passionate about growing our DevOps maturity.
With experience in a similar role, you will have:
- An agile mindset and an impressive software engineering track record across a range of technologies.
- Strong knowledge of microservices framework, experience working with cloud technologies on AWS and GCP.
- Exposure to highly transactional message-based systems, complex event processing and microservices architectures covering batch, real-time, synchronous, and asynchronous patterns.
- Skills in databases platforms (we use MongoDB).
What’s in it for you:
- Use the latest technologies to tackle interesting banking and finance problems.
- Be part of a team that deeply values diversity and creates space for you to be your best.
- Our work environment is modern and inclusive with a strong focus on employee experience.
- Flexible work options, including working from home.
If you enjoy delivering regularly on a modern payments roadmap and have a proven ability in software engineering, apply via the link below.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.