Are you passionate about leading a software engineering team using agile techniques and practices? We have a unique opportunity for you in our Philadelphia office to bring that passion to the Macquarie Asset Management (MAM) Technology team to facilitate continuous improvement of our operational data platform.
We are building a scalable global platform using modern and cloud native technologies to enable MAM to grow as a data driven and tech enabled organization. Working with a team of talented engineers, you’ll help to build new data pipelines, integration services, and business-facing user interfaces using microservices and API driven architectures.
In addition to working with product owners and engineers, you’ll gain exposure to Portfolio Managers, Traders, Middle and Back Office and Distribution staff. Asset Management knowledge is useful but not required as you’ll learn this from your team and directly from our business counterparts.
If you’re interested in a new challenge where you can flex and grow your agile skillset – using modern technology to deliver tangible business value – then we’d love to hear from you.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading a global scrum team focused on software and data engineering on top of a Fintech SaaS data storage platform
- managing and coordinating delivery and agile rituals including: sprint and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, showcases, retrospectives, and other activities
- tracking vendor features, defects, and delivery timeframes and prioritizing work accordingly
- maintaining sprint flow by managing risks and removing blockers
- guiding teams to be self-organized, promote a collaborative team environment that foster creativity, innovation, continuous improvement and celebrate successes
- providing targeted communication to all stakeholders to ensure clear understanding of dependencies, deliverables and issues
- developing an effective change management plan ensuring that the required change is achieved
- assisting in effort estimation forecasting and people management
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager / Scrum Master working closely with product owners and engineers
- proven experience in Agile delivery models and mindsets
- delivering complex projects working across multiple streams, multiple regions, with diverse stakeholders
- strong stakeholder management skills to gain consensus and deliver outcomes
If this sounds like you please apply via the link!
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.