Join Internal Audit’s Innovation & Enablement team who are driving the use of data analytics for risk identification across Macquarie. You’ll get the opportunity to innovate internal audit activities, provide insights and drive positive change. To continue our growth, we’re inviting innovative people with a passion for developing risk focused analytical solutions to join our team as a Senior Manager.
If you are someone keen to join the analytics community in a global organisation and help us to create, maintain and drive a world-class analytical capability within Internal Audit then we would love to hear from you.
As a Senior Manager in the Internal Audit Innovation team your main tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the use of analytics across audits and managing the analytics delivery on a wide range of concurrent and diverse audit activities.
- Mentoring the development of junior team members in a high performing and caring work environment, as well as supporting portfolio teams and data champions across the global internal audit team.
- Establish effective and professional relationships with stakeholders at a senior level.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the quality and risk management of analytics solutions developed by the analytics team.
- Lead the design and development of analytics solutions during innovation projects that transform risk management processes across the three lines of defense.
- Identify and communicate data-related insights and drive positive change across the whole of Macquarie.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Identify and leverage machine learning technology, as well as learning new analytics techniques to support data-driven insights and risk identification.
- Lead an established team to drive the effective use of data and analytics across internal audit.
- Work collaboratively with global audit teams and business stakeholders across diverse portfolios spanning banking, global markets, commodities, capital, asset management, operations, technology etc.
You’ll bring with you:
- A background in analytics, data management and/or data science. Experience using data analysis tools such as SQL, Alteryx; scripting languages such as SQL, R, VBA, Python and experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI is essential to success in this role.
- A prior education in Data Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Maths, Audit, Computer Science, Finance, Economics or another relevant quantitative discipline.
- You will need to be risk focused and enjoy building rapport with a wide range of stakeholders from across the organisation. As such, you will need to be able to communicate to the business in both a technical and non-technical way.
- The ability to coach and develop team members.
- Work as part of a wider team as well as an individual.
- Qualifications or experience in internal audit or risk management will be an advantage.
Whilst the role is based in Sydney, you would be joining a global Internal Audit team. Travel may be required as our business units are also represented across the globe.
If you possess relevant experience with strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high quality outcomes, please apply now
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.