Are you passionate about website development and content? Join Macquarie Asset Management to lead a team focused on managing web content and functionality across our global portfolio of websites. In this role, you will serve as a liaison among content owners, technical and UX teams to produce / maintain online content and continually improve website functionality. You will work with business partners to understand and translate their website content needs into content governance and quality control processes that assure fulfillment of internal service levels and client satisfaction expectations.
In this role, you will:
- Create and maintain documentation on website components, functionality, and processes for managing content quality control and content repositories.
- Identify, train, manage and routinely audit website authors and publishers to ensure content administrators can effectively service the website.
- Create, document, and implement content testing and QC procedures to make ensure content, product data, analytics tracking codes and SEO attributes are accurate before publishing.
- Provide content owners with the guidance to create, manage and measure content across all digital properties.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and technical teams prioritize, test, and implement improved website functionality.
- Manage interactions with stakeholders and content owners within Workfront and JIRA tools to organize web projects and ensure they meet timelines and requirements.
- Partner with user research & optimization teams to implement and manage content personalization programs.
- Manage process for submitting and tracking content submissions to compliance and legal.
- Work closely with Compliance and Legal departments to adhere to all industry regulations.
- Create, implement, and monitor schedules for all jobs and related activities.
- Work with Brand teams to ensure web standards and guidelines for style, content, and layouts are consistent with Macquarie Asset Management’s brand policies and style guides.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to document and implement processes and prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines
- The ability to lead, manage and mentor fellow team members along with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to search, navigate and effect change in a CMS environment is required. A general understanding of website architecture preferred.
- A strong working knowledge of Sitecore and/or Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience in web content management and governance in Sitecore, Adobe Experience Manager or similar applications
- Must be able to use oral and written communication skills to present web-based information in a logical format to ease the users ability to access and understand information.
You will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical major (e.g. CS, CIS, IS, etc.), or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 8-10 years of previous experience working in a Digital Content Manager role (or similar role) with 3+ years of experience leading a team
- Experience with front-end development (HTML, CSS, JS) and responsive design principles
- Experience with Workfront project management software, JIRA, or similar project management software
- Financial services industry experience, a plus.
- experience with website personalization programs, a plus
- written and verbal understanding of Italian, German, and/or Japanese, a plus
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then please apply today!
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/careers
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2021, Macquarie Asset Management had $A562.2 billion of assets under management.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.