Join our growing and dynamic insurance team as a Vice President - Insurance Solutions Business Development, responsible for executing Macquarie’s insurance business growth strategy in North America.
You will work with a team who manages over $100 billion globally on behalf of insurance companies and are actively engaging the market to cultivate new clients. You will be an integral player in developing the client segment and requires a committed work ethic and entrepreneurial drive.
Reporting to the Head of Insurance Solutions General Account Business Development, you will be a key member of the Insurance Solutions team, which is part of Macquarie’s Client Solutions Group, and will engage closely with the firm’s insurance clients and prospects to identify opportunities to grow Macquarie’s business within the insurance general account market in North America. Supported by an insurance sales associate, you will work closely with various teams inside the Macquarie Asset Management organization including insurance strategy, public and private markets investment teams, product management and marketing in order to identify and close new business opportunities in North America.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated success initiating relationships and raising assets with the insurance general account channel. The candidate will possess a working knowledge of both the public and private market investment landscape for insurers and a keen understanding of the underlying regulatory, accounting, or actuarial issues that drive investment management decision making with insurance companies.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Coverage of North American insurance general account market (specific coverage TBD) for developing new business and cross-sell opportunities for Macquarie Asset Management across both public and private market asset classes
- Utilizing the firms sales process to grow Macquarie’s network of relationships in order to generate new business opportunities
- Collaborating across product management, marketing and senior management within the Client Solutions Group to refine Macquarie’s growing product offering for insurers and ensure our marketing materials and budget are optimized for the channel
You will have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience with increasing responsibility and demonstrated success raising assets within the insurance general account channel
- Familiarity with the insurance asset management market in North America including a working understanding of the investment needs of various insurer types (life, health, P&C) and the various accounting, regulatory and capital issues that drive the decisions of insurance general account allocators
- Ability to identify and close complex business development opportunities and partner with various Macquarie stakeholders in a consultative sales process
- Ability to partner with investment professionals across public and private market strategies with investors and product managers and provide input on design and relevance to the insurance market. A key aspect of the role will be close collaboration with MAM’s private market investment teams and the expansion of our private market strategies for insurers
- Ability to coordinate and manage marketing and sponsorship opportunities in order to maximize impact to the insurance solutions business
- Represent Macquarie with various trade organizations and centers of influence including live presentations and webinars in order to generate brand awareness and business development activity
- Familiarity with SNL/S&P Marketing Intelligence and Salesforce CRM for managing client and prospect activity and pipeline reporting
- CFA/MBA preferred
You will utilize your excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation capabilities and the ability to work in both a team and an autonomous environment. You will possess strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple demands including balancing new business opportunities and the needs of current insurance clients. You will have the ability and willingness to work on strategic projects at the firm to advance our holistic suite of insurance offerings along with a working knowledge of financial modelling, insurance asset allocation, capital constraints, and peer comparisons.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, then please apply today!
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/careers
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2021, Macquarie Asset Management had $A562.2 billion of assets under management.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.