Do you want to be part of a talented global team? Are you instinctively entrepreneurial and ambitious in nature? If you're determined to succeed, we can help you reach your potential. At Macquarie, we look for innovative, driven and talented individuals who share our drive for excellence.
Macquarie Asset Management Real Estate is a global investor and manager of real estate assets. The team consists of approximately 230 high performing and motivated employees across circa 20 cities globally. The business manages +US$25 billion of assets, across two distinct investment strategies - core / core plus; and opportunistic. While we always take a pragmatic approach to investing, we are currently focused on sectors that we believe are supported by structural tailwinds (multi-housing, logistics/industrial, office and data centers).
Macquarie Asset Management Real Estate is seeking an emerging leader in the real estate sector with an asset management or transaction background to head our office in the Nordics and lead regional growth. Macquarie Asset Management currently has a +€450 mln portfolio in the Nordics and +€250m of equity dedicated specifically to the region through several mandates and pan-European funds with additional allocations to the Nordics.
You will lead growth in the region by deploying initial capital and building a team to support acquisition targets and manage assets. Eventually hiring dedicated transaction and asset management specialists.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
- take lead in transaction processes through the various phases of sourcing, structuring, underwriting, investment committee material preparation and documentation.
- manage investments from ‘cradle to grave’; origination, execution, asset management and exit.
- work closely with external partners such as legal, brokers, financial advisors and consultants
- prepare financial analysis and investment performance reports for internal and external stakeholders as required
- prepare financial analysis in support of key asset level capital events and investment decisions (major leases, hold/sell analysis etc)
- Assist with carrying out internal valuations and review external valuation reports
- be involved in asset divestment
- be responsible for achieving annual operating income goals for managed funds and separate accounts
- partner with portfolio managers to develop, execute, and review quarterly performance of annual business plans for each property investment, including leasing, revenues, operating expenses, capital expenses, ESG and WH&S
- perform financial and non-financial reporting
- be in conjunction with the acquisitions/financing team, assist with property level sales, valuations and financings
- oversee and negotiates lease contracts with prospective tenants with leasing agents, internal and external Legal teams
- ensure lease obligations are fulfilled, documentation and company issues are resolved
- build and direct a team of external real estate brokers to execute company strategies with respect to real estate activities and management
- monitor all leasing activity to insure maximum occupancy and income
- be responsible for monitoring the property management team
- render assistance during acquisition and disposition of properties
- additionally model a full lifecycle financial analysis for projects/assets in the portfolio
You will drive consistent and high-quality operational standards; foster best practices in acquiring and managing office buildings, apartments, retail properties and logistics distribution properties with input and direction of the investment performance team. You will be responsible for the use of existing policies for acquiring assets and diligence best practice, use existing policies and procedures for managing property managers and operating expense management, including property maintenance, energy usage, taxes, etc. Additionally you will benchmark operating performance against key market standards and business plans. You will be representing Macquarie Asset Management with key intermediaries, investors, competitors, and external partners as a thought leader in the industry whilst ensuring highest ethical standards in all of our dealings
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2021, Macquarie Asset Management had $A562.2 billion of assets under management.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.