Join the Macquarie Public Investments Team at the US Lead for our Systematic Equity Trading and Analytics. Your overarching remit is to help manage trading costs in the most appropriate manner while achieving scale, efficiency and best execution. Review detailed execution and TCA data to design trading strategies and algorithms that support the ongoing electronic trading process and trade equity baskets and programs created through automation or associated with rebalances and transitions.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Develop and implement accurate and consistent global practices in trading performance measurement and reporting. Own and manage the global trading analytical, research, and reporting platform.
• Define and implement optimal trading strategies that are in-line with the investors’ investment process.
• Develop a pre-trade optimizer to determine order handling.
• Drive the continued development of innovative and actionable trading strategies, including systematic trading processes and the automatic routing of orders to appropriate brokers, trading strategies, and execution channels.
• Work with technology team to guide the team's infrastructure and data needs.
• Execution of trading strategies in the marketplace
You will bring:
• 10+ years of experience in trading and strategist or analytics role
• In-depth understanding of the global trading landscape, market structure and securities industry rules and regulations.
• Expertise in Direct Market Access platforms, algorithmic trading strategies, TCA evaluation, crossing engines, electronic venues, execution quality tools and FIX connectivity solutions a must
• Ability to identify and grasp complex issues facing the business and find innovative solutions to them
• Strong understanding of technology development methods and significant experience working with technology teams in delivering projects
• Experience in a programming language for data analytics (Python) is a plus
• Knowledge and experience with Aladdin and Portware data models preferred, FIX protocol, design and implementation of a broker wheel, SOR etc.
• In depth knowledge of market impact cost modeling and research over single and multi-day horizon.
• A good understanding of short-term quantitative trading models
• Ability to think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. Eager to look for new ways of doing things.
• Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
• Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences and seniority levels.
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2021, Macquarie Asset Management had $A562.2 billion of assets under management.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.