Our Infrastructure and Personal Technology team is responsible for delivering the core technology services critical to our business needs. Our businesses have a high dependency on technology and need the ability to experiment with new technology, move products quickly to market and scale fast. We deliver self-service and automated technology solutions which enable and accelerate delivery of products for our business globally.
We have a diverse tech stack and a unique way of working. With a bottom-up culture, our engineers decide the right tools to use and gain the software, cloud and DevOps skillsets you'd find at large tech companies and start-ups.
We are looking for mid, senior and lead backend software engineers to help us deliver greenfields solutions in a variety of technology domains such as Cloud, Networking, Voice, Storage & Databases; working with some of the largest tech companies such as AWS, Google, Splunk, Zoom, Dell, Microsoft to name a few. We take a flexible approach to the skillsets candidates have, and prefer engineers with strong learning mindsets; are able to work collaboratively and have an ability to think outside the box over someone who ticks all the boxes.
We anticipate to be successful in this role you with have experience with:
- building RESTful API and microservice development in a language such as Go, Java, Python or NodeJS
- designing scalable, cloud-native, distributed software backends utilising modern development architectures such as microservice development and event driven design
- experience in use of CI/CD practices and utilising public cloud services such as AWS or similar
- experience deploying and owning production systems you build, and a solid understanding of troubleshooting issues and optimising existing systems.
In return we will reward you with:
- we offer a number of employee benefits including subscriptions to online training platforms
- training budgets to attend workshops and conferences
- staff exclusive financial product offerings
- global mobility opportunities
- donation matching of staff charitable activities
- access to health and wellness programs and employee network groups.
If this sounds like the right step to take in your career, please apply via the following link or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.