Join our Commodities and Global Markets Technology Risk team as a Java/JVM Developer.
In this role, you will be involved in improving our existing risk reporting processes and designing and implementing our next generation risk reporting framework that provides near real-time risk reporting to the business. You will have an opportunity to work and grow with our geographically dispersed team and be an impactful part of the transformation of our new Risk platform.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need 5+ years of experience with Java or another JVM language (Scala is a plus), exposure to implementing service-oriented applications, AWS and/or Python.
Additional core responsibilities of the role include:
- Be a great team player and contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, and maintainable code.
- Good knowledge with object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Hands-on experience with core Java 8+. Scala is a plus.
- Comfortable with working in Linux development environment, hands-on experience with basic shell scripting.
- Hands-on experience with dev tools such as GIT, Gradle, Bazel, Bamboo and etc.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and AWS is a big plus.
- C++/Python experience is a plus.
- Previous working experiences with SQL/NoSQL databases and service-oriented architecture is a plus.
Macquarie is a diversified financial group providing clients with asset management and finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity and commodities.
The diversity of our operations, combined with a strong capital position and robust risk management framework, has contributed to our 50-year record of unbroken profitability.
To start your journey in this exciting role, apply online now or for more information visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group’s purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.