Join our User Access Management (UAM) team in Houston as a SailPoint IIQ Technical Team Lead.
In this exciting new role, you will partner closely with the business to deliver improved UAM solutions to end users such as traders, sales and marketing staff. You will work within a global agile project team to deliver strategic projects and operational improvements to meet the needs of our UAM landscape globally.
Your work will be wide ranging, covering application access and role requirements, collaborating with other technologists to design and implement solutions, working across internal and external system dependencies.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Expertise, technical & functional, integrating application user access data into SailPoint
- Coding and configuring SailPoint to ensure User Access Management is effective
- Coding and configuring SailPoint workflows to ensure segregation of duty checks can be completed by the business
- Coding and configuring SailPoint IT & business roles to simplify the presentation and the decision process
- Leadership to evaluate junior SailPoint resources, approve releases, provide SailPoint technical direction
- knowledge and experience of implementing IAM tools in an enterprise environment
- ability to define and deliver to deadlines, to quality, and with proof of testing
- ability to work independently in addition to working closely in a team environment
- experience troubleshooting access control related technologies and solutions
- exceptional planning, organization, communication, presentation, multi-tasking, prioritization, documentation, and business analysis skills
You will have an advantage if able to show:
- experience within financial services covering trade lifecycle events
- ability to co-ordinate peers to support implementation and achieve team deliverables within an Agile/Scrum environment
- knowledge and experience with some of the following: SSO, LDAP, Active Directory, Azure AD, AWS IAM, SAML 2.0, OAUTH, OpenID Connect, SCIM, Ping Identity, CyberArk, multi-factor authentication, privileged account management, privileged identity management, identity federations
Working in Technology at Macquarie, you’ll be part of a high performing team and work side-by-side with business stakeholders. Our flat structure means that you’ll directly contribute to our strategy, while taking ownership of a diverse range of projects utilizing the latest technologies.
Please apply now!
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.