Join our team as the Legal Group Administrator supporting the Legal Team and Operations Team of Macquarie Capital’s Principal Finance Group.
The Macquarie Capital Principal Finance Group currently manages a portfolio of more than 100 debt and equity investments across North America. As the Legal Group Administrator, you will support all of the lawyers on the team and work closely with the Operations staff to help manage existing investments and help execute new investments.
In this role you will be responsible for coordinating the process for outsourcing, execution, and filing of confidentiality agreements and when needed, review confidentiality agreements, non-reliance letters, access letters, and vendor agreements, subject to the review and supervision of Group lawyers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- coordinate and manage invoice processing for external lawyers and other third-party vendors
- track and help manage spend on external lawyers and other third-party vendors
- assist with internal process management for the approval, execution, and delivery of transactional documents and internal projects
- assist in production of internal documentation such as powers of attorney, board resolutions, officer’s certificates and affidavits
- notarize documents
- assist in completion of applications for business, insurance, and operational licenses
- assist Group lawyers with CFIUS, HSR, FERC, HUD, and other governmental applications
- prepare and distribute working group lists, organizational and ownership charts, indices, and other information associated with transaction and project management
- maintain and organize transactional and other project databases
- coordinate with IT team, Compliance team, and other internal groups to manage the Legal and Operations teams’ electronic data storage and delivery
- coordinate meetings and events for the Legal team and other internal Group and firm members and external parties
- manage calendars, expense and invoice processing, and travel coordination for members of the Legal and Operations teams
A bachelor’s degree and completion of ABA-approved paralegal program are a plus as well as at least 5 years of paralegal experience focusing on corporate matters at an in-house legal department and/or law firm. You will need to demonstrate an understanding of basic legal, business, and financial concepts as well as strong technology skills, including Microsoft Office applications. You must be able to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and have superior project management and organizational skills, with a focus on continuous process improvement.
You must be confident interacting with experienced lawyers, exercise good judgment, discretion, and flexibility in your approach; proactively anticipate the needs of the professionals you support; and be a problem solver who can multi-task with ease.
For more information, please visit www.macquarie.com/careers
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.