A great opportunity for you to join our Corporate Affairs team as a Corporate Communications Associate in our New York City, NY office.
Join our team as an Associate and help us to tell the Macquarie story effectively and impactfully to a range of internal and external audiences through traditional and digital channels. Reporting to the Engagement Lead for the Americas region, spanning our internal, digital, and content activities, your role will predominantly support our internal communications and external content efforts across 22 locations in the United States, Canada, and Latin America. You will be part of a dynamic global team of corporate affairs professionals, gaining exposure to the exciting ways Macquarie is innovating and investing for a better future, in a role with opportunities to grow and drive your career forward.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- drafting and distributing staff communication for the Americas region, including town halls, internal updates, scripts, presentations, digital screens, videos and podcasts, corporate intranet, and other internal platforms.
- working with our regional leadership team, business leaders and people managers on leadership communication and staff engagement initiatives.
- supporting regional staff engagement initiatives such as wellbeing, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging and the Macquarie Group Foundation.
- maintaining our internal communications, engagement, and content calendar.
- identifying content opportunities, drafting articles, and developing digital assets that cut through the clutter to drive increased engagement internally and externally (i.e., thought leadership and social media).
- supporting the events teams to deliver impactful employee experiences, virtually and in person.
- assisting with the planning and execution of our social media strategy in the Americas.
- analyzing content performance and using insights to produce more effective content, staying ahead of business needs.
To be successful, you will have 2-5 years’ corporate communications experience, creating and delivering internal communication strategies, crafting editorial content and projects for different audiences. You will also need the ability to connect and align internal and external communications objectives in order to maximize content across communications/marketing channels. Additionally, you will leverage your excellent communication skills and collaborative spirit to work cross-functionally to understand the Group’s and businesses’ priorities and help translate them into actionable initiatives.
You will get the chance to work with a wide range of stakeholders, located across the Americas and as part of a global team. Any exposure to the financial services industry would be nice to have.
About Corporate Affairs
Residing within Macquarie’s Financial Management Group and working closely with Macquarie Group's operating businesses to drive communications, marketing, and event strategies. Corporate Affairs is responsible for the brand and reputation of the Group, engaging with media, shareholders, investment analysts, governments, staff, The Macquarie Group Foundation, and the wider community to tell the Macquarie story and enable the organization to understand the expectations of its key stakeholders.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. At Macquarie, you will be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you are inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.
Find out more about us at www.macquarie.com/careers