Come join our team with this excellent opportunity as a Performance Analyst Contractor role where you will be from a fund’s management background with a similar performance analytics role. You will not only follow the procedures but will actively contribute to the development of the internal control environment and the efficiency of the group. This is up to a 12 month contract.
You will verify daily performance return calculations for institutional investment advisor and review of portfolio, sector, and security level returns.
Your additional responsibilities will include:
- gather and maintain benchmark data and analyze portfolio results in relation to relevant benchmarks
- identify performance discrepancies and investigate to ensure accuracy amongst all accounts, composites, and indices
- confirmation of daily international currency exchange rate movements
- calculation of daily international exchange rate impact to account performance
- maintain firm performance composites in accordance with GIPS industry standards
- assist with the annual GIPS performance composite audit
- generation of various return calculation types; gross, net, after-tax, un-levered, incentive fee
- derive monthly management fee allocations and their impact to account performance
- support performance-based incentive-fee calculations
- assisting marketing, shared services and portfolio managers with ad-hoc account and composite performance related requests
- participate in any investment system projects as assigned including the testing of new or upgraded applications
- load data across performance platforms and evaluate results with business analysts and development programmers
- daily management of the team’s workflow
- oversight of the team’s daily deliverables and maintain log of any issue and or errors
- implementing process improvement to increase the efficiency and accuracy of the team
- oversight of the team’s reporting standards globally
Your key skills will include:
- knowledge of a broad range of financial instruments, investment securities and domestic and international capital markets
- knowledge of performance attribution analysis, calculation methods and risk measures
- an aptitude to learn about systems and applications relevant to delivering performance measurement and client reporting services
- excellent quantitative, problem solving, and analytical skills
- team player that has the ability to work independently and is detail oriented
- excellent communication, interpersonal, time and project management skills
- experience managing a team
- willingness and flexibility to perform shift work
- familiar with Aladdin, SQL queries, Infomaker, Bloomberg, EAGLE PACE, and / or other accounting and performance systems
- desire to pursue graduate degree, CIPM or CFA designations
- sound knowledge of the Financial/Banking Services industry & shared services operating models
- previous experience working with tight deadlines in a high paced environment.
- strong process documentation skills
- very strong MS Office skills – advanced Excel, MS Access, Word, etc.,
- willingness and flexibility to work in different time zones to support clients
To be successful in the role you will have the following:
- this role requires a tertiary qualifications in a business discipline or an accountancy degree or post graduate qualification (CFA, CPA, etc.,)
- overall post-qualification experience of 6-8 years with a financial institution preferably a global asset manager
- a proven track record of leading a performance team and delivering work with a high degree of accuracy within a fast-paced environment
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, apply today.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/careers
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 December 2020, Macquarie Asset Management had $A550.9 billion of assets under management.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.