Join us on an exciting journey to grow and deliver Macquarie’s pipeline of renewable energy projects in Korea. Macquarie’s Green Investment Group is developing a portfolio of offshore wind projects in South Korea and looking for an Assistant Project Developer.
Reporting to one of our Project Development Managers, you will work together with our partners, advisors, and team members on all key stages of Project Development and Construction, including consent, permit and stakeholder engagement as well as technical and commercial requirements.
You will bring 3-7 years’ experience working in an energy or infrastructure project development role. A background in construction company, utility, developer, or equipment supplier will be considered favourably, and equivalent experience will also be considered.
In this role, your key responsibilities will include:
Early Stage Development
- Assisting Team Executives to identify and assess new OSW opportunities in the Korean market.
- Assisting Team Executives on due diligence projects or development opportunities including the selection, appointment, and management of due diligence advisers as necessary.
- Overseeing underlying development teams to deliver development plans across the portfolio of projects including resourcing and budget planning.
- Proactively managing the development process including identifying key risks to project delivery and managing budget and funding to minimise potential losses due to delays or failure to secure projects.
Late Stage Development Projects
- Identify any remaining development permits or consents required before construction can commence and work to secure these and de-risk projects before the financing process begins.
- Actively interface with diverse stakeholders such as government officials, residents around the project site, business partners, contractors, and consultants.
- Manage project milestone schedule including identification of critical path, allocation of tasks to relevant parties and optimization of the plan in regular basis
- Scope, identify, tender and select consultants, equipment suppliers, EPC and O&M contractors for projects.
- Oversee the effective development and implementation of contractor’s health & safety management plans.
- Support commercial review and negotiation of term sheets and contracts, including agreements for equipment supply, power purchase agreements (PPAs), leases, EPC and O&M agreements.
- Assist Team Executives to prepare project specific elements of internal approval papers and information memoranda for debt and equity investors.
- Respond to potential investor and financier’s commercial and technical due diligence during the project financing stage.
To excel in this role, you will hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Engineering, Business management or other applicable disciplines.
Finally, you will be an analytic thinking, have high commercial acumen, strong interpersonal skills, perseverance, teamwork, and creative problem-solving skills. Last but not least, this role requires fluency in written and spoken Korean and English.
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Green Investment Group provides corporate finance advisory and capital market services to corporate and government clients involved in public and private mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity fund raisings, private equity raisings and corporate restructuring. GIG - and its managed funds - is one of the world’s largest investors in renewable energy.
Our support for the renewable energy and clean technology sectors is part of a broader commitment to infrastructure. GIG’s parent company (Macquarie) has more than $A136 billion of infrastructure assets under management globally and co-invests alongside the world’s leading institutional investors including public sector pension funds. For further information about GIG’s renewable energy credentials please visit https://greeninvestmentgroup.com
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.