Join our team in this great opportunity to be involved in the strategy, roadmap development, and delivery within a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will utilize your experience in network architecture, design, and customer consulting skills. This contract opportunity is located in our New York City office.
You will be responsible to collaborate with the wider Network Service Team, other technology teams, business technology representatives (including Business senior management) and other aligned services areas to understand requirements and develop service outcomes aligned to network and voice strategies, roadmaps, and standards. In addition, you will develop designs and solutions for complex problems across core and non-core competency areas and engage at a high level with stakeholders across the organization as well as working with engineers on smaller details. You will effectively communicate with project stakeholders at Director levels including steering groups and to identify and own service improvement, process improvement and business requirement tasks. You’ll also lead virtual teams and engage and govern required people resources while being collaborative in nature where the team outweighs the individual.
The core elements of your area of remit will include design and planning, stakeholder engagement, communication, leadership and effectively collaborating in a team environment whereby the team outweighs the interest of the individual.
Your additional responsibilities will include:
- collaboration with other members of the Network Architecture and Design team develop, maintain, and communicate network and voice architecture and service roadmaps
- develop and maintain Network standards and patterns for consumption by Network Services engineering team. Provide consulting, interpretation, and guidance on standards
- look for opportunities to knowledge share with the wider Network Service team
- working with project teams to ensure solution designs are formulated in alignment with service architecture standards and meet business requirements
- project and pre-project consulting and development of scope, high level options, conceptual approaches, recommendations, and estimates
- interface with vendors to provide High Level Design input
- assist in the development and facilitation of the vendor, supplier equipment and software review, risk assessment and approval process
- maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- be a positive advocate for the networks service and influence within the network services team
- perform root cause analysis and solve complex problems
- assist engineering teams as required for complex, large scale or other as required
- ensure quality standards and a high level of professionalism is always maintained whilst ensuring adherence to process and responsibilities and drive appropriate project management methodologies
- perform all work with a risk-based approach
- exhibit leadership qualities identifying and owning service and process improvements
- understand compliance and policy requirements for all solutions. Collaborate with Network Service Management team and Engineering to identify, report, solution and remediate security, compliance and policy risks and breaches
To be successful in the role, you will need to have:
- extensive experience in Enterprise Network and Network Security Engineering
- enterprise network engineering experience (Cisco switching/routing, Cisco ACI)
- Firewall, Proxy, and Load Balancer experience (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint and F5 desirable)
- Cloud networking experience (AWS: Direct Connect and Transit Gateway. VMWare NSX, Azure, GCP and Cloud Exchanges, Cloud proxies desirable)
- wireless and edge networking experience (Aruba wireless & switching, ClearPass, switching, 802.1x. desirable)
- SD-WAN experience (desirable)
- cross-industry experience (regulated financial services desirable).
You will also have:
- experience in the institutional banking or financial services industry
- preference for experience with internationally distributed delivery team
- complex problem-solving skills and a broad understanding of technology and infrastructure
- a career history of industry and tertiary certifications that map to a broad industry experience.
If you possess strong network technology experience, please visit www.macquarie.com/careers.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.