Are you comfortable working in a collaborative environment with modern systems and technologies? Do you have a natural tendency to problem solve, and continually think about improving the way things are done? If this rings true, then this is a fantastic opportunity to join our team.
You will join our Financial Control Trading team, located in Jacksonville, FL, as a Senior Associate (2 to 4 years’ experience) and play a very key role which is a mix of delivery responsibilities, process ownership and talent management. Functionally, you are expected to be very hands-on and aware of the businesses they are supporting.
Your key responsibilities within the role will include:
- regular accounting, review sub-system posting positions, month end close, inter-co breaks clearing, suspense clearing.
- reconciliation and attestation of balances - process, outcomes, breaks and resolution of issues
- completeness and accuracy of ledger data for Reporting / Tax /Legal Entity Control and analytical requirements
- execution of daily and monthly tasks (month end close and balance sheet substantiation)
- developing strong understanding of chart of accounts and the posting rules set up for different desk based on the nature of the products traded
- identification and Resolution of breaks and related reporting
- basic understanding of source system to general ledger trade flows and trade life cycle
- address Legal Entity Controllers queries
- group regulatory reporting submissions and tax submissions
- participating in the new transitions within the team and ensuring proper documentation to avoid any knowledge gaps
- you will be expected to maintain documentation of various processes and procedures up to date
- undertake and deliver improvement initiatives and standardization approaches
- you will be expected to continually question and attempt to improve the control environment that the business operates in
- take responsibility and ownership of own work, ensuring adherence to timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality of the deliverable
- other ad hoc requirements from the business.
We want to hear from you if you have:
- postgraduate accounting qualification, preferably CA or CPA and 2 plus years’ experience in Financial Accounting (essential) which may include public accounting firm experience
- an understanding of financial instruments and derivatives will be beneficial as well as being confident and competent in oral and written communication
- a self-starter attitude with strong control mind set with ability to demonstrate capability and willingness to be "hands-on"
- strong planning and organizing skills that helps balance between often competing priorities.
Start this exciting journey by applying online today. To learn more about careers with Macquarie, visit www.macquarie.com/careers.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.