We are looking for an experienced marketing and communications professional to join Macquarie Group’s Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) division. This role sits in CGM’s Stakeholder Engagement team which leads the operating group’s co-ordinated approach to communications, strategy and engagement across internal and external stakeholders, ensuring CGM is articulated and understood in a way that is impactful for staff, clients, regulators and Macquarie’s shareholders.
Based in New York or London, the successful candidate will help design and deliver external communications and marketing programmes that support CGM’s business strategy as it seeks to tell a consistent story to its internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will play a leading role in the enhancement of CGM’s brand through the promotion of its global capabilities in commodity markets, financial markets and asset finance via the development of communication deliverables across both traditional and digital channels.
Working as part of a global team, this person will have primary responsibility for activities across both EMEA and the Americas as well supporting and managing a number of global initiatives. We are looking for a candidate who can bring both strategic thinking and strong, hands on experience in executing marketing communications.
This person will play an important role in supporting senior management in the Northern Hemisphere, and will also work closely with colleagues who manage communications for Macquarie Group, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be a strong writer and comfortable driving multiple projects simultaneously across different time zones, can adapt to changing priorities and work in what can be a fast-paced, exciting environment. The role will have one direct report, will work closely with a team of in-house desk top publishers and will report to CGM’s Head of Communications and Marketing based in Sydney, Australia.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Work with CGM’s Head of Communications and Marketing to manage external communications and marketing for CGM including leading on activity across the Northern Hemisphere
- Work closely with business heads on key initiatives and positioning including message development, communications plans, events, sponsorships, client pitches, and credentials documents. A high level of internal stakeholder engagement is required
- Work with desktop publishing team to support with business development activities including providing direct marketing, pitch and credential development support
- Ownership of CGM’s content strategy including written and video content and responsibility for managing CGM’s section of the Macquarie Group website and social media channels
- Help develop CGM strategic brand positioning and messaging for use across all audiences including staff, clients, regulators and Macquarie’s shareholders.
- Work closely with colleagues on Macquarie Group level campaigns, ensuring alignment and accurate representation of CGM
- Be analytical and able to monitor, measure and report on the effectiveness of all communications activities to senior management
- Experience managing marketing communications activities including strategic development, messaging and planning
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated experience using a multi-channel approach including social, written and video content, digital, client pitch books, presentations, credentials documents and events
- Ability to align tactical outputs with the strategic priorities of the business
- Financial services or professional services experience strongly preferred
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a global team
- Proven networking and relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritise work effectively often under time pressure
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders, and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.