A great opportunity for you to join the Group Treasury Transactions Group as an Executive/Manager in our New York office. In this role you will assist in developing Macquarie's corporate and capital/funding structure, and will be involved in executing financing and investment transactions globally.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with business units to structure transactions including acquisitions and disposals of businesses, so as to manage the impact on our balance sheet and maximize returns to Macquarie
- Analyzing and developing Macquarie's corporate and capital/funding structure. In particular the role would encompass identifying opportunities for improvement and assisting with structural change to cater for international growth as well as responding to changes in the regulatory environment
- Helping to identify the type of capital best suited to meet Macquarie's needs (for example, hybrid capital or ordinary capital) having regard to its cost and regulatory requirements, and where necessary raising capital from the market through implementing those strategies
- Evaluating various debt and equity funding opportunities for the Macquarie Group and working with the wider Treasury team on specific initiatives
- Where applicable, liaising with external counterparties and advisers in fulfilling the above responsibilities.
If you are a highly commercial tax or corporate advisor, or finance professional, looking to leverage your experience into a role that involves developing and implementing transactions – not just advising on them, you will enjoy this position.
To be successful you will have a Bachelors degree, experience in professional services and/or financial services, ideally including at least some work in the area of US taxation law. You will also need excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong analytical and problem solving ability. Additionally, experience advising on or executing corporate transactions and structures in a professional services or banking environment and a keen interest in and understanding of the banking and financial services industry.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.
Find out more about us at www.macquarie.com/careers