Join Macquarie’s Commodity Market Finance team as a Senior Originator – Metals and Energy.
In this role, you will be an integral member of the team expected to leverage the Macquarie platform, expand and develop your skills, and advance your career. Our workplace design fosters and demands team interaction through an immersive environment where you will learn quickly in a dynamic commercial setting. Travel and extensive front-line client development are essential to uncovering new and accretive transactions.
The Structured Finance Sales and Origination team covers investors, funds, corporates, merchants, and utilities with large metals, ags, and energy exposures such as producers, midstream, transportation, refiners and consumers. In particular, the team originates and executes physical and financial client solutions involving risk management, physical flows, and debt financing across an array of metals, ags, and energy commodities.
You will bring to this role:
- a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- a minimum of 7 years of experience in metals and energy commodity Sales, Trading, Origination, Structuring, or Investment Banking
- proven multi-year track record of additive economic results
- willingness to travel and a desire to develop important client relationships
- experience throughout the Americas and in multiple industries
- combination of entrepreneur spirit, quantitative analysis, attention to details and communication skills to drive growth and revenue
- experience in trading or delivering client solutions in financial, and physical commodity markets
- conduct all business in a manner compliant with all bank requirements
- general understanding of capital markets, credit risk and market risk
- ability to develop financial models and read financial statements
- demonstrated understanding of a financial institution’s operations and requirements
Your additional responsibilities will cover:
- quantitative analysis and ability to translate/communicate analysis into actionable client solutions across Macquarie’s vast trading and finance portfolio and expertise
- constant interaction with credit, operations, and trading teams is necessary to advance target transactions
- working on cross selling with other markets desk, such as Credit, FX, Interest Rates as well as Macquarie Capital and Macquarie Asset Management
- developing models for credit and risk analysis and management presentations for transaction approvals
- developing external pitch books and generating trade ideas
- running deal metrics for transactions including market risk and counterparty risk calculations
- collaboration with internal partners to book, monitor, and report upon transactions
- managing and sending market research to clients/desk distribution
- participating in regular team calls and being available by email/phone/chats
- interacting with numerous internal teams: other sales, trading desks (oil/liquids/nat gas/power/metals/ags/FX/rates), investment bankers, credit, legal and mid/back/admin office staff
- expectations are to evolve to execute energy derivatives and physical financing transactions across the Americas
- managing and growing client relationships
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.