As a manager you will join the Macquarie Capital Financial Control team within our Financial Management Group. You will join a team whose responsibilities include advising the business unit and CFO on structuring of new products and transactions, as well as business acquisitions and disposals to manage the balance sheet impact and maximize returns for the business and the Group.
In this interesting and rewarding role, you will gain exposure to senior leaders in Macquarie and will work collaboratively with key stakeholders in Macquarie Capital, Risk, Finance, Tax, Treasury and their supporting teams around on a global platform.
This diverse role will see you responsible for:
- Partnering with the business in collaboration with other teams across Finance on Macquarie Capital’s acquisitions and disposals.
- Assisting with accounting assessments in relation to new transactions by performing accounting research and preparing an analysis / write-up for the new transaction.
- Ensuring integrity and completeness of various business’ financial records including reconciliations, monthly reporting and operation of accounting processes and policies.
- Oversight of the general ledger balances for a number of sub-groups across the Macquarie Capital business.
- Enabling communication between the offshore Financial Control teams and agreeing accounting treatments and conclusions with external auditors and key stakeholders will be involved in your role.
- Partnering with the business in collaboration with other teams across Finance on new business products and projects and identify opportunities for additional operational or balance sheet efficiencies.
- Contributing to the semi-annual areas of judgement analysis for the business including the review of key accounting judgements and valuation considerations.
- Working on the business impact assessment of new accounting standards and industry response and lead process improvement initiatives working closely on implementation with offshore teams.
We ask that you have experience in financial services or a similar commercial environment and will also have:
- An ability to understand complex structures and transactions.
- Tertiary degree in Accounting or similar, a CA or CPA qualification.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong accounting skills and a practical understanding of IFRS and US GAAP.
- Ability to take ownership for the timely completion of tasks.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.