This is a 12-month contract in our Finance Operational Risk Management team, within our Financial Management Group Division.
As a Program Director, you’ll report to the Financial Management Group’s Operational Risk Management Lead for Non-Financial and Conduct Risk.
You’ll be part of a collaborative central function responsible for providing support to the CFO in managing and monitoring Macquarie’s operational risk framework across the implementation of a significant program of work within the Finance function to review and update the execution of the Non-Financial and Conduct Risk related activities.
Our business is to realise opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterised by accountability and integrity. We are able achieve do this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team.
Working in a small and collegiate team, you will work alongside stakeholders in different teams as well as senior stakeholders across the project as a subject matter expert on non-financial risk framework development and execution, providing sound reviews of proposed initiatives for non-financial risk by the Risk Management Group and the development of delivery methodologies for these initiatives within the Finance function.
Your key responsibilities in this role will include the following:
- Work closely with various workstreams and stakeholders of the Non-Financial risk program
- Review Risk and Control Self assessments (RCSAs) of the to-be process at design level to ensure:
- Processing quality
- Timely processing
- Exception management
- Compliance with FCS/FCOS and Finance policies
- Address open issues/incidents, wherever applicable
- Review and participate in changes / enhancements to the Open Pages risk system user interface.
- Understand the concept of value-chain mapping and work with various Finance and Risk stakeholders in developing a methodology / framework (including a process taxonomy) with supported tools.
- Work with the business and other stakeholders to develop a standardised control taxonomy for risks.
- Involved in the design for a future state issue and incident management process including the development of training.
- Lead the development of an Integrated Risk Management (end-to-end) pilot to consider risks / issues.
- Develop the Financial Management Group conduct risk framework consistent with the Macquarie Group framework and also identify possible sources of conduct risk and any existing/possible mitigants to manage or mitigate the identified conduct risk across the Financial Management Group business.
- Provide ad hoc advice to other Finance and Financial Management Group operational risk team members on non-financial / conduct risk best practices, interpretation and application.
As a strong performer, you’ll have the drive to find and deliver on opportunities to improve the business. In addition, you’ll have the innate ability to interpret, analyse and explain data to a broad range of stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have the following work experience and qualifications including:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- 10+ years’ experience, in developing and / or executing non-financial risk related frameworks.
- Strong understanding of business control environments via risk or external/internal audit roles.
- Experience in IT or systems related audit, operational risk or financial control roles
- Experience in User Developed Applications such as PowerBI and Alteryx
- Collaborating across the business and various functions locally and globally
- Focus on qualitative improvements to work / outcomes
- Have a curious nature to gain a deep understanding of the businesses supported and to assist in the identification of risk areas.
If you are motivated by the opportunity to work in a high performing team in a fast-paced environment, we would like to hear from you.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.