Our Commodities and Global Markets Data Transformation is an exciting program of work as we embark on our journey to build an innovative and future ready Data Platform that will help our businesses meet our customer’s needs. You will work in a multi-talented, diverse team in a fast-paced and challenging Agile environment.
The focus of the role requires you to collaborate with application teams to transform their applications onto public cloud, developing cloud architectures, developing standard deployment patterns as well as identifying and resolving blockers to cloud update.
The role requires both the ability to collaborate and consult as well as to deliver cloud outcomes.
You will be working very closely with application developers, public cloud team, product owners, Architects, scrum teams and business/technical stakeholders.
We need you to:
- lead technical design and implementation of projects to transform traditional applications to cloud native
- transform applications into microservice and container-based platforms ideally using Kubernetes
- develop and deploy applications onto public cloud using a CI/CD environment
- architect applications to run on AWS services
- deploy container pipelines
- work in an agile framework
- have application development experience involving python/java and/or C++
- have worked in financial services and global organisations.
Ideally you will have:
- detailed understanding of AWS services and using them to build cloud native solutions
- understanding of the wider ecosystem around cloud platforms (such as identity management, security, resiliency, data management)
- detailed understanding of designing microservice architectures and container deployment
- ability to provide technical leadership in transforming applications for public cloud and confidence to call out poor practices
- ability to both think strategically and develop and implement solution
- strong track record of delivery.
If this role sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, please apply via the link.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group’s purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.