Do you have a passion for people, planning and problem solving? The Product and Technology (P&T) COO team within our Banking & Financial Services Group is currently looking for a PMO Business Manager to join their team. The role will report to the Head of Business Management and interact with a variety of internal stakeholders.
In this role you will be responsible for providing financial oversight and governance of delivery team budget, costs and forecasts, as well as managing compliance of the delivery teams to business management processes relating to role approvals, staff onboarding and movements, contract extensions, time sheeting, billing and invoices.
Using Agile methodology, you will create and customise delivery dashboards and metrics to track progress and efficiency of product feature development.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- analysing and provide actionable insights on workforce profile to align to business goals and build strategic capabilities
- analysing production release and incident data and report results to delivery team stakeholders to identify areas for improvement
- creating and customising agile delivery dashboards and metrics to track progress and efficiency of product feature development
- communicating delivered and planned product features, key learnings, and other relevant announcements to business stakeholders and technology senior management
- providing support and coordination during agile delivery ceremonies (i.e. quarterly planning, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, etc)
- preparing and publishing documentation in team collaboration workspace to support efficient operations
- training and guiding technology teams on business management processes and tools
- supporting operational risk management activities including addressing risk findings and implementing controls
- coordinating the setup of new feature teams in line with the integration of new businesses
- provide project coordination and / or governance of release train specific initiatives and deliverables.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate strong planning and prioritisation skills – an ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks, keeping visibility on urgency/importance and re-adjusting prioritisation as needed. You will be a strong collaborator, with other business managers and the teams across the wider Banking and Financial Services division. You will be a strong communicator, both written and verbal, and be able to deliver key messages succinctly and effectively. There is a need to be able to drive initiatives autonomously, keeping the Head of Business Management up to date as needed.
You will also ideally have exposure to working in an Enterprise Agile environment (not essential), excellent problem-solving skills and fantastic relationship and interpersonal skills across various levels within an organisation and with external stakeholders.
If you are ready to join Australia’s leading digital bank and work in a diverse and inclusive team driving positive outcomes, please apply now.
Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients. Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility is available.