We have an exciting new Senior Manager opportunity in our Risk Management Group, Operational Risk and Governance division.
You will take on a key role in the 2nd Line of Defence applying your skills and experience to influence stakeholders, challenge the status quo and help to drive agenda to reduce data and regulatory reporting risks. This new, senior role will report directly to the Division Director, Data and Regulatory Reporting.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and oversight to support the operational risk management frameworks addressing model risk, user developed applications (UDA) and records and information management.
- Supporting the ongoing evolution of risk appetite, policies and frameworks in response to current and emerging data, regulatory reporting, records lifecycle management and model risks.
- Independent review and challenge of Line 1 implementation of the risk policies, including targeted reviews of effectiveness.
- Advising Line 1 on policies and best practice for control design, risk measurement, analysis, assessment, and reporting in managing the risks and to effectively operationalise and embed the frameworks.
- Conduct assurance and reviews to support continuous improvement of business risk management practices, this will including thematic reviews of issues, incidents, risk profiles and supporting metrics.
- Provide recommendations from lessons learnt and identify emerging risks from internal data and across the industry, particularly from external insights and peer learnings.
As you will sit within a broader Enterprise Operational Risk team, you will have the opportunity to influence other enterprise operational risks and support effective oversight across a range of risk management frameworks. This provides you a unique opportunity to gain exposure across all business and support groups in Macquarie, building, and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders and deepening your knowledge of business and operational processes across the enterprise.
As a hands-on problem solver with strong analytical skills, you will have the ability to form an independent view of the risk profile looking across the organisation. Strong stakeholder management is key in the role as you will be working closely with the central framework owner team, businesses, and support functions as well as colleagues within the wider Risk Management Group.
A background in quantitative analysis, modelling, data management, operational risk or assurance within financial services and experience in policy, control frameworks, processes, and operations for risk types associated with the role is highly desirable.
If you possess relevant experience, attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high quality outcomes, then we want to hear from you!
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.