Are you a junior governance professional, looking to join a supportive and collaborative team in a role that will give you an exciting EMEA-wide career platform?
You will become a valued member of a 10-person team. Based in London, you will become accountable for many of the administrative aspects of managing a portfolio of subsidiary companies in the UK and across EMEA.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Undertaking company secretarial compliance and related governance work across a portfolio of entities in the UK and elsewhere in the EMEA region and supporting other team members on their portfolios;
- Arranging board and committee meetings, compiling and distributing board and committee meeting packs and drafting meeting minutes;
- Lodging statutory accounts, confirmation statements, incorporation applications and other statutory forms with the UK Registrar of Companies and equivalents in other jurisdictions;
- Compiling and acting upon company and ad hoc reports from Diligent Entities ;
- Diligent Entities updates;
- Monitoring Companies House alerts and ensuring appropriate action is taken;
- Dealing with requests for company statutory information and copy documents from the business groups and external parties;
- Project/initiatives support; and
- Document execution logistics.
To be thrive in this role you will demonstrate the following:
- Company Secretarial/governance experience (~1-2 years), preferably gained in a similar environment;
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills will ensure you are successful in this fast paced, dynamic role;
- Committed to meeting deadlines and adopting a pragmatic approach;
- Enjoy solving problems and showing initiative;
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach to work, working additional hours when required;
- Good team ethic with a clear understanding of the importance of excellent administration;
- Excellent personal presentation and written and verbal communication skills and the confidence to communicate with people at all levels within the organisation;
- Strong attention to detail; and
- Proficient in Diligent Entities and Diligent Board Books (or similar software), MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
We would be excited to see the following, but if you do not have these skills, please don’t be put-off applying:
- Fluency in other European languages (such as German, Spanish, Italian, French) ;
- Experience of company secretarial work / overseeing company secretarial work in both UK and non-UK jurisdictions, particularly in Europe, Middle East and Africa; and
- Experience of working across multiple time zones.
About Legal and Governance
The Legal and Governance Group is a global, dynamic and independent group of lawyers, governance professionals and technical specialists that protect and represent the interests of Macquarie, our businesses and our people. Our teams are at the forefront of Macquarie, undertaking cutting edge legal and governance work to support business outcomes.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.