We’re on a mission to build the best #1digitalbank. Driven by Macquarie’s overarching purpose of “empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future”, our vision is to bring together the best of financial services and technology solutions for our clients. As a technology-driven retail bank and wealth manager with few physical branches, we are focused on delivering the best digital experience for our customers, and our engineers are constantly leveraging new and exciting technologies and ways of working to execute on this promise.
We’re now looking for a Big Data Engineer to join us on this journey. As part of our dynamic and high performing Data Engineering team that sits within our Product & Technology division, you’ll be an integral part of developing cutting-edge applications to help us to continue to build our digital bank. You’ll be accountable for all phases of the development process such as analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation as well as providing user and operational support on applications to business users.
This role will suit you if you are innovative, have an ability to learn and use new technologies quickly and effectively and have the following technical knowledge, skills and experience:
- 1-9 years of experience
- Good understanding of ETL architectures (Control Frameworks, reusable components, metadata-driven designs)
- Strong SQL and Data Warehousing experience
- Development and debugging on a distributed platform (Big data Platform)
- Cloud experience AWS/Google/Azure
- Experience in using Hive with blob-based storage (AWS S3 or HDFS or Google Storage)
- Strong analytical thinking
- Ability to explain alternative solutions to a problem including how to approach a problem of different scales
- Ability to work proactively and independently to address project requirements, and articulate issues/challenges with enough lead time to address project delivery risks
- Ability to solve complex problems / projects through in-depth evaluation of business processes, system processes and industry standards and perform root cause analyses
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience working in DevOps would be good to have
- Knowledge of regulatory and/or experience in the banking domain would be good plus
In the Banking and Financial Services Group (BFS) our purpose is about enriching the lives of those around us and supporting our clients and people to achieve their full potential – whether that’s buying a home to raise a family in, growing a business or investing to manage wealth to pass down to future generations. Or for our people; growing their career here at Macquarie, working flexibly to achieve personal aspirations alongside professional ones or contributing to the communities in which we operate – it’s about using the unique position we’re in as a financial institution to impact the people, clients and communities we work with in a meaningful way.
The BFS Product and Technology team allows us to better harness the expertise of our product specialists and build strength by leveraging origination across all divisions. We provide our clients across BFS with world class client and employee experiences, products, and services utilising market-leading technology platforms alongside best practice risk management.
If this sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply online now.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.