This is an exciting new opportunity in the Commodities and Global Markets Enterprise Data Management team, to work closely with stakeholders to identify, map, and measure critical data. These activities are critical to embedding the Group’s data governance framework and culture within our fast-paced, markets facing business unit.
As a Data Management Analyst within the Commodities and Global Markets Data Management team, you will play a key role in the implementation of Macquarie’s data management program within the Group. You will be working with various subject matter experts at all levels, across a broad range of change initiatives (including systems and process improvements and regulatory reporting obligations) to manage and promote data governance activities.
You will make your mark through your excellent communication skills, resilient character and building an appreciation of the benefits of data governance within the business. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the identification and definition of critical data elements, including tracing data lineage and ownership, assessing data quality controls, and documenting the outcomes in our enterprise data management tool
- Managing and uplifting existing business glossaries, data dictionaries and lineage, including capturing changes as initiatives modify data flows and controls, keeping our data management repository in line with actual business data movements
- Enhancing documentation, processes and templates to facilitate embedding effective data management activities across the Group
- Assisting in providing data management subject matter expertise to projects and other change initiatives, ensuring impacted data is managed and governance activities are in line with enterprise data management guidelines
- Advancing the mobilisation of the Commodities and Global Markets data community
- Attending Enterprise Data Management working groups on behalf of CGM and prioritising upcoming requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- A relevant tertiary degree in a quantitative discipline, or applicable experience in financial services or financial markets
- Advanced computer literacy, particularly in Excel, will be assumed
- While data management experience is not a pre-requisite, an interest in analysing, identifying & developing quality data is essential.
- Strong communication skills, to work with all levels of stakeholders, quickly build relationships and convey the benefits of the data governance program
- Capability to jump between tasks and responsibilities, as priorities shift in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
The following skills and experience will be highly regarded:
- Experience with data governance and metadata management tools (i.e. Collibra)
- Experience with data visualisation and analytics tools (i.e. Power Bi)
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting within financial services
- Knowledge of financial products
This role offers you a fantastic opportunity to build your brand as a key driver delivering end to end projects across business groups. If you have a learning mindset, strong ability to build relationships and relish opportunities to stretch yourself, take the next step in your career.
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.