Are you keen to join the analytics community in a global organisation and help us to create, maintain and drive a world-class analytical capability within Internal Audit? We would love to hear from you.
Join our Internal Audit’s Innovation & Enablement team who are driving the use of data analytics for risk identification across our business. As part of a collaborative global team, you will take a lead role for innovation with the opportunity to innovate internal audit activities, provide insights and drive positive change. To continue our growth, we’re inviting innovative people with a passion for developing risk focused analytical solutions to join our team as a Manager.
As a Manager in the Internal Audit Innovation team your main tasks and responsibilities will be to:
- Lead the use of analytics across audits and managing the analytics delivery on a wide range of concurrent and diverse audit activities.
- Mentoring the development of data champions within portfolio audit teams in a high performing and caring work environment.
- Establish effective and professional relationships with stakeholders at a senior level.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the quality and risk management of analytics solutions developed by the Innovation team.
- Lead innovation projects that transform risk management processes across the three lines of defense.
- Identify and communicate data-related insights and drive positive change across the whole of Macquarie.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Leverage machine learning technology, as well as learning new analytics techniques to support data-driven insights and risk identification.
- Try other areas of internal audit such as project assurance and data governance.
- Work collaboratively and learn from an established team to drive the effective use of data and analytics across internal audit.
- Work with global audit teams and business stakeholders across diverse portfolios spanning banking, global markets, commodities, capital, asset management, operations, technology etc.
You will bring with you:
- A background in analytics, data management and/or data science. Experience using data analysis tools such as SQL, Alteryx; scripting languages such as SQL, R, VBA, Python and experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI is essential to success in this role.
- A prior education in Data Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Maths, Audit, Computer Science, Finance, Economics or another relevant quantitative discipline.
- You will be risk focused and enjoy building rapport with a wide range of stakeholders from across the organisation. As such, you will need to be able to communicate to the business in both a technical and non-technical way.
- A passion for learning and trying new things.
- The ability to coach and develop team members.
- Work as part of a wider team as well as an individual.
- Qualifications or experience in internal audit or risk management will be an advantage.
Whilst the role is based in London, you would be joining a global Internal Audit team. Some travel may be required as our business units are also represented across the globe.
We would love to hear from you if you think this fits your skills, expertise and, most importantly, career goals!
About the Risk Management Group
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.