Come join Macquarie Asset Management Private Markets Fund Management team, within our New York office.
In this role, you will be a key member of the Enterprise team that is responsible for the management and statutory reporting for Macquarie Asset Management Private Markets infrastructure business in North America. The Macquarie Asset Management Fund Management team in New York manages all aspects of financial reporting and operations for Macquarie Asset Management ’s North American flagship funds, Macquarie Infrastructure Partners. The Macquarie Infrastructure Partners are a series of funds that invest in infrastructure throughout North America, with the aim of providing income and capital growth to investors. In this role you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business within Macquarie, working in an exciting and hybrid work environment.
Your role responsibilities will include activities such as maintaining oversight of the preparation of all quarterly financial reporting, including financial statements, capital statements and limited partner reporting requirements. Additionally, you will play an integral role over the annual financial statement audit, including management of external auditors.
Your other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing external service providers, including review of financial reporting, tax calculations, and investor reconciliations.
- Ensuring the integrity and completeness of financial records, including reviewing transaction processing, reconciliations, and the establishment of accounting processes and policies.
- Overseeing of waterfall fee calculations.
- Coordinating of fund capital call and distribution process, working with investment teams and key senior management.
- Ensuring integrity and completeness of financial records, including transactions processing, reconciliations and the establishment of account processes and policies.
- Providing general accounting support to the business and transactions.
- Researching and resolving technical accounting issues.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- BS or MS in Accounting or equivalent, CPA/CA preferred
- Significant experience utilizing Microsoft Excel
- Strong and effective communication skills
- 2+ years practical working experience in accounting required, mix of public accounting and private sector accounting in a private equity company preferred
- Experience in alternative financial services and private equity structures,
- Robust working knowledge of US GAAP and exposure to investment accounting
- Well organized, self-starter, who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Can resolve complex / technical issues in a practical manner
Salary range for this position: $75,000-130,000 per year. Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. The successful candidate may also be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. Macquarie offers a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees.
About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than $A735.5 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, renewables, natural assets, real estate, and transportation finance.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.