Do you enjoy complex problem solving and have an interest in understanding how a global financial services group operates? Are you curious and like to be challenged whilst learning new skills?
Join a high-calibre, collaborative workplace within Liquidity Reporting in Macquarie’s Group Treasury division. This is a unique opportunity which will necessitate you to think broadly, be forward-thinking and proactive, and consider how domestic and international regulatory changes and other internal and external factors will shape Macquarie's business activities.
We are looking for a Senior Manager level to provide oversight of Liquidity reporting, scenario analysis and contingency funding plan metrics. The individual will be responsible for reviewing regulatory liquidity metrics and monitoring compliance. Within this newly created role, you will be involved in, but not limited to:
- Review of current internal reporting processes and controls and bring these into alignment with regulatory reporting requirements.
- Oversight of internal reporting within Liquidity’s offshore reporting team.
- Liquidity scenarios and stress testing
- Enhance governance model to be revised to ensure all changes are approved by the relevant Report Owner
- Stakeholder management and senior management reporting
- Developing the internal liquidity policy and framework across the Macquarie Group, including regional liquidity management and monitoring
- Regulatory interpretation – APS210 and Basel framework in particular
Your technical skills and qualifications will include:
- Outstanding academic background in a financial or quantitative degree, e.g. actuarial, accounting, economics, engineering, mathematics
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, coupled with an ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data sets and concepts
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- You will be confident in interacting with stakeholders and resolving competing priorities
- A high level of attention to detail and commercial acumen
The following experience will be viewed favourably:
- Previous experience within a Treasury function with exposure to liquidity risk or similar
- Knowledge of the banking sector and regulatory environment
- Understanding of accounting concepts and principles including profit and loss and balance sheet analysis
This role will give you exposure to senior stakeholders and the broader Group Treasury team, including the Liquidity / Markets team responsible for managing short-term liquidity and Funding team who manage and execute long-term debt issuance, banking relationships and funds transfer pricing.
About the Financial Management Group
Group Treasury sits within the Financial Management Group. The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.