Our Software & Services team is looking from a Vice President to join the team in New York. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly successful and growing team, who values collegial teamwork and dedication to excellence. We welcome an application from you to be a part of this success.
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate, government and financial sponsor clients involved in mergers and acquisitions, take privates, asset divestitures, debt and equity capital raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
By leveraging Macquarie's global capabilities, you will apply your investment banking knowledge to assist our clients in meeting their financial and strategic needs. You will also be expected to participate in the full execution of advisory, capital raising and principal transactions; in the pursuit of new business opportunities; and in the servicing of existing portfolio investments including debt and equity positions.
To be successful in this role you will have the ability to fully oversee the execution of transactions with a proven track record and deal experience. Additionally, you will have a quantitative mindset with excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be able to work in an open, fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- 5-8 years of overall work experience, preferably focused on software, telecom, and/or technology sectors
- Significant deal experience across buyside and sell-side M&A for leading corporates and sponsors
- Understanding and experience with debt and equity capital markets transactions in support of M&A is preferred
- Graduate of top MBA and/or undergraduate program
- Deep understanding of financial statements, accounting and finance
- Experience in financial modeling
The U.S. Software & Services (S&S) team provides full-service investment banking and principal investment solutions to clients on a global basis, with offices in New York, Chicago, and San Francisco. Clients include prominent corporate, start-up, venture capital and private equity participants. Since 2018, the S&S team has executed over 190 transactions with a combined transaction value exceeding $50 billion across M&A, debt, equity, and principal products.
Examples of notable recent S&S deals include:
- Financial Advisor to MediaOcean on its sale to CVC and TA Associates
- Financial Advisor to Digital Guardian on its sale to HelpSystems
- Financial Advisor to Brandwatch on its sale to Cision
- Financial Advisor to Nintex on its sale to TPG
- Financial Advisor to Finalsite on its sale to Veritas Capital
- Financial Advisor to TNS on its sale to Koch Industries
- Financial Advisor to Panopto on its sale to K1
- Financial Advisor and Joint Bookrunner to ABRY Partners on their acquisition of Aspect Software and Noble Systems
- Equity Investor into Spot Hero
- Equity Investor into Credit Karma
- Credit Investor into Nitel
- Credit Investor into Mitratech
- Joint Bookrunner on Initial Public Offering of Informatica
- Joint Bookrunner on Initial Public Offering of UiPath
- Joint Bookrunner on Initial Public Offering of nCino
- Joint Bookrunner on Initial Public Offering of CrowdStrike
About Macquarie Capital
Macquarie Capital offers global capability in M&A Advisory, Debt and Equity Capital Markets, Principal Finance, and Equity Trading and Research underpinned by deep specialist expertise across a range of sectors. Our people are empowered to think innovatively to address client challenges and originate opportunities, thinking beyond individual transactions to become a trusted adviser and partner over the long haul. From origination to execution, our unique combination of ideas, capital and expertise is transforming opportunity into reality for our clients and partners around the world.
With staff in 35 offices transacting across 31 countries, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.