The Learning & Development Manager is part of our Talent, Learning and Inclusion COE, and partners closely with HRBPs and regional Talent Leads to design and deliver training that have a significant business impact.
As the Learning and Development Manager for the Americas region, you will have an impact on all phases of the talent lifecycle, and you will assist with building on the excellent learning culture already in place. At Macquarie, we empower employees to ‘Own Their Own Career’ and want you to do the same by joining us, enabling all employees to push their own boundaries when it comes to their personal development.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Manage and lead in the design and the implementation of the core learning curriculum for the Americas region; to include all classroom, virtual and digital learning content
- manage and facilitate Employee Induction programs to assist employees with getting acclimated into Macquarie’s culture
- function as an advisor to the HR Business Partner team & Global and Regional Talent Leads in all areas of training and development that are business specific, aligned to business strategy and make a real impact
- stay informed regarding the relevant skills and qualifications required by employees and circulate relevant information to the organization
- conduct an in-depth needs analysis year-over-year to understand the gaps that need addressing across the region
- manage L&D budget recoveries against employee cost centers for the region
- develop the business case to procure third-party vendors as required. Partner and manage vendors to deliver impactful programs
- evaluate training programs, craft reports, dashboards, and surveys to capture meaningful learning insights to help drive organizational change
- highly collaborative with a “can do attitude” and the ability to manage multiple projects based on current and future business needs.
Your Skills and Experiences
- 7+ years previous demonstrable success in a Learning and Development role, with experience in training design, development, delivery
- end-to-end program management experience
- strong instructional design background where you've had extensive experience conceptualizing, creating, and delivering trainings
- strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to work within ambiguity
- ability to evaluate, prioritize, escalate and problem solve in high pressure situations
- ability to deliver / facilitate Learning and Development programs to a high quality
- an understanding of learning tools, including instructor-led, workshop, group, on-the-job learning, and online and mobile learning
- strong influencing and negotiation skills
- proficient in the use of LMS systems (Cornerstone)
- a Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, Training and Development or a related discipline is desirable.
If this sounds like you please apply via the link!
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our COVID-19 policy
The health and wellbeing of our employees is a priority. We continue to focus on providing a safe workplace for our people, our stakeholders and those who visit us, and are committed to contributing to the safety of the communities where we live and work.
In line with evolving health regulations and many of our industry peers, we require all Macquarie employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.