We have a great opportunity for a Manager to join the Transaction Management and Accounting Advisory team in the Commodities and Global Markets Finance team in our Houston office. The Transaction Management and Accounting Advisory is responsible for supporting transactions and businesses throughout the Macquarie's Commodities and Global Markets businesses.
The complexity of the businesses is high, with structures including physical and financial products. Volumes and complexity continue to increase with business expansion so we would therefore look to you in this role to provide in-depth technical accounting skills and be a key business partner, with both skills being critical for this role. Commodity business expertise would be a bonus.
You will manage the implementation of new and complex products and transactions from a finance perspective and will provide advice on the correct IFRS accounting treatment to the businesses for their respective transactions, new products, and other various projects. You will also be responsible for establishing clear methodologies for accounting for structured trades throughout their lives.
Your knowledge of technical accounting, transaction support and financial control will be leveraged as you regularly engage and consult with the business, other areas across finance, risk management and the senior leadership team. You will enjoy the opportunity to communicate with a variety of stakeholders and will be keenly interested in proactive advice and assessment of accounting opportunities and concerns
Other Key Responsibilities will include:
- Translating and communicating complex accounting topics to stakeholders, recognizing, and anticipating potential opportunities and recommending changes as the business or regulatory environment changes
- Advising on accounting policy for all new products, restructurings, and complex transactions
- Proactively identifying and assessing accounting opportunities in existing businesses and transactions, working with businesses, functions, and regions to identify and prioritize accounting transformation opportunities
- Providing training to both the front and back office on accounting developments
- Maintaining and communicating knowledge of accounting developments including via involvement with standard setters, expert groups, industry groups and the development of peer networks
We will also look to you to coordinating the finance response to new products and transactions and identify and implement the most appropriate accounting treatment for complex transactions for their whole life cycle. You will interact with Valuation, Regulatory, Taxation and other departments to identify co-dependencies and relationships.
- You will have demonstrated post qualified banking / finance experience working in an accounting role supporting complex/structured products strong knowledge across IFRS standards.
- Strong knowledge of investment banking products/markets and/or commodities
- You will be a Chartered Accountant with technical accounting, transaction support experience in Finance and Accounting Policy team.
- You will be creative and will be able to think outside the box, be challenged and to do things differently to achieve better outcomes.
- You will have strong interpersonal skills - specifically, able to act as change agent, facilitator, and collaborator.
- You will manage wide-ranging competing priorities, transactions, and stakeholders.
You will also be a self-starter and intellectually curious professional with ability and experience in researching technical accounting matters. With strong communication skills you will demonstrate the ability to convey complex technical issues to a variety of audiences and translate technical theoretical knowledge into commercially viable answers whilst maintaining risk focus
If you have a collaborative approach, are curious with the ability to learn and adapt quickly whilst adhering to change, please apply today.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our COVID-19 policy
In line with local regulations, all Macquarie employees in New York are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination in order to attend the office and to participate in external meetings and business travel in New York City, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law. Outside of New York, proof of vaccination is not required to attend a Macquarie office, travel for business, or attend an external business event.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.