Are you a dynamic and experienced operational risk, audit or financial control professional, keen to develop fast? Are you ready to play a key role in financial management at Macquarie, by identifying opportunities and partnering with experts to strengthen operational risk management?
- be supported by a team of operational risk professionals
- work with diverse teams and stakeholders
- support senior management in implementing a best practice control environment
- be part of the Asia team that invests in your professional and interpersonal development.
Reporting to the Finance Business Operational Risk Management lead in Asia, you will be a member of a small and collegiate team in Hong Kong, responsible for supporting the regional Chief Finance Officer (CFO) in managing operational risk across Finance and ensuring a strong operational risk foundation for Macquarie’s continued growth.
You will partner with senior stakeholders and their teams across Finance and Macquarie Asia. As a subject matter expert in operational risk, you will be problem solving, and providing practical advice to Finance Asia, enabling them to identify risks and apply operational risk best practices. Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- investigate and manage incidents and issues for Finance Asia teams.
- prepare and analyse Operational Risk Management reporting risk metrics and share insights with Stakeholders.
- provide direct support to the Asia CFO on any risk matters in Asia Finance.
- proactively manage risks for Finance Asia, including regular meeting with Finance Asia team leads to discuss risk matters in their teams.
- deep dive reviews of business processes and implemented changes.
- participate in control assurance reviews across high-risk areas of Finance.
- risk assessment, and supporting the implementation, of Finance Asia’s top initiatives.
- facilitate self-assessments with Finance risk and control owners, and assist in proactively identifying issues that require remediation.
- review Finance Asia’s Resilience Plans, ensure plan is updated especially under a fluid COVID situation.
- help provide increased operational risk awareness, this includes preparing and delivering Risk training materials if required.
- work closely with key stakeholders across all aspects of the Asia Finance and collaborate with your team members in Gurugram and Sydney Head office.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate:
- strong understanding of finance control environment via operational risk, financial control or external/internal audit roles – CA/CPA qualified, with experience in a large and complex financial services organisation would be highly regarded.
- curiosity and investigative skills, with desire to gain a deep understanding of Finance operations.
- drive to assist in identifying risk areas and delivering improved operational risk management.
- excellent problem solving and communication skills, supported by a data-driven approach to analyse and explain issues and guide decisions with a broad range of stakeholders.
- generosity with skills and knowledge, energized by the opportunity to build relationships and collaborate across Macquarie globally.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in this opportunity, then please apply online today.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.
Hong Kong vacancies
Macquarie has adopted a vaccination policy and all Hong Kong employees attending the office are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or complete weekly testing.