Join our Credit Risk team, the independent risk management team of Banking and Financial Services, and enjoy playing a key role in the bringing risk and data based decision making to our business banking product.
You will join a team that owns and manages credit risk policies and portfolio management across our business lending products. Your focus will be on the business banking product, working in collaboration with the Business Banking ecosystem, including product, sales, operations and technology to enhance our credit risk analytics.
This includes managing risk scorecards and machine learning models, credit risk portfolio reporting and continual enhancement to risk insights. Our Banking and Financial Services Credit Risk team also maintains close working ties with our central risk management group, relating to the development of risk acceptance criteria and risk governance.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Understanding risk data and systems and how they relate to the credit risk lifecycle
- Monitoring and updating the suite of statistical models that underpin our risk management framework
- Enhancing and maintaining a suite of existing management reporting produced within the Credit Risk team, including identifying initiatives to improve automation, managing data quality and updating technical documentation and user guides
- Identifying and investigating trends and insights from internal and external data to understand and inform stakeholders of our risk profile
- Contributing to projects to develop strategic initiatives across the credit risk lifecycle
- Collaborating with key stakeholders, including internal data teams and the centralised risk management group.
To be successful, you will be degree qualified in a STEM discipline i.e. Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Statistics, Economics or another quantitative discipline. You will also need:
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in a risk-based role, preferably in the financial services sector
- Experience in statistical model builds and enhancements, with coding ability in at least one scripting language i.e. R, SAS, SQL, VBA or Python
- Experience with data analysis and visualisation tools such as SQL/Hive, Alteryx, Tableau, R Markdown and so on.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible, and the ability to work individually as well within a team
If you are looking for your next career move and the above sounds like you, please apply online now.
Banking and Financial Services Group comprises Macquarie's retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers.
About Banking and Financial Services
Banking and Financial Services is Macquarie’s retail banking and financial services business, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management, business banking and vehicle finance products and services to retail clients, advisers, brokers and business clients.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.