An exciting 6-month contract opportunity has arisen to work within the Financial Management Group’s finance team, aligned to our Macquarie Capital business. The successful applicant will be part of a global advisory and financial control function providing transaction support for investments, ongoing transaction lifecycle management, and operational accounting and control functions for Macquarie Capital (specifically; the Infrastructure and Energy Group business).
You will also be involved in:
- coordinating and reviewing financial due diligence and accounting treatment on proposed investments
- driving key technical accounting judgements and analysis
- assisting with implementation and execution of new deals
- the liaison and oversight of offshore Financial Control and Legal Entity Control teams with month end accounting, statutory entity audits and other finance activities
- oversight and review of regional and divisional balance sheets and P&L
- onboarding and oversight of accounting function performed by external third-party accounting providers and portfolio investment finance teams
- implementation of the financial control framework in new investments and businesses
- assistance with integration of new businesses
- ad hoc projects.
You will be conducting these tasks with the focus of supporting the Macquarie Capital, one of Macquarie’s four operating groups. Macquarie Capital is responsible for the Group's corporate advisory, M&A, debt, equity and private capital markets, principal investing and financing, and equity brokerage activity. This role is aligned to the Infrastructure and Energy Group business within Macquarie Capital.
As such, you will have extensive interactions with deals teams, business unit CFO, Group Financial Controller and team leads. You will be liaising with other support areas including Group Finance, Tax, Treasury, Company Secretarial and Risk Management. Externally, you will be speaking with accounting providers and external auditors.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- researching and documenting key accounting consideration relevant to a transaction
- assisting in the coordination and review of financial due diligence reports
- lifecycle transaction management, involving oversight of month end accounting functions and ensuring proper adherence to the financial control framework
- assisting in the co-ordination with other parts of Finance Management Group and Risk Management Group to understand overall implications of new transactions
- providing inputs for monthly management reporting including analysis of balance sheet and commentary by transaction
- oversight of financial control environment for portfolio investment companies and external third-party accounting providers including review of monthly reporting
- ad hoc analysis, reporting and transaction analysis.
To be successful in this role, you will have a formal accounting qualification (Chartered Accountant or equivalent is preferred), with 3-5 years of post-qualification experience in a chartered or commercial environment and experience within financial services would be an additional benefit.
You will also have:
- initiative and follow through on issues with minimal supervision
- the ability to tailor verbal, listening and written communication skills to deal with staff across all levels and offshore office staff
- the ability to establish strong working relationships with the business and other areas of the group
- strong client service and risk management focus
- strong accounting background with an ability to apply technical knowledge in a transaction environment. Specific experience with IFRS 9, IFRS 10, and IAS 28 would be beneficial
- ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing deadlines.
If this sounds like your next opportunity, then please apply now.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.