AVP / VP Financial Management Group Platforms – Credit Risk
Join our Platforms team and become part of an experienced and collaborative team with global exposure. As a Senior Manager you’ll be responsible for driving change across the platforms, ensure optimal solution design for the credit risk calculation systems and embed the new systems into the BAU framework.
In this role you’ll be an integral part of the team, responsible for the delivery of the assurance program. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of the operational risks inherent in the Risk Management Framework, support the assurance lead in developing a comprehensive assurance program to review the effectiveness of the controls as well as partner with Management to identify opportunities for improvement. You will also have the opportunity to partner with a wide range of stakeholders such as Macquarie’s global Finance team, Risk teams and all other businesses.
You will be responsible for managing the projects delivery from a systems perspective, analyse and document the requirements and work on the regulatory requirements such as gap analysis, creating BRDs, co-ordinating the development, testing, and review. You’ll also manage the projects delivery into new systems and ensure that they are embedded with the existing systems seamlessly while providing user testing support and results analysis for changes. You’ll also play a pivotal role in optimising the system utilisation and ensure its effectiveness and help identify any risks and mitigate them.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree qualification in either Finance (FRM/MBA) or Information Technology
- Minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong credit risk knowledge, who has worked on any Credit risk engine.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Previous experience in the Financial Services industry is essential, background in Regulatory Reporting
- Financial instruments / product knowledge is preferable
- Communication skills are required as the role will involve interaction with clients and colleagues at various levels; ability to engage senior stakeholders
- The ability and self-confidence to work independently - initially in establishing a new service line, and over time in increasing the scope of the service line
- Very strong MS Office skills; particularly Excel
- Some exposure to process improvement and project management methodologies is preferred
- Ability to investigate business issues and identify technical root causes.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you to further your career, we’d love to hear from you and encourage you to apply via the link provided.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.