There is opportunity for you to join Group Treasury.
You will be part of the team’s policy function who are responsible for rule interpretation for prudential calculations and reporting, including new requirements (e.g. Basel 3.1). As well as impact assessments for new products and regulatory changes. We also support the wider production team’s responsibilities for governance, accurate calculation and reporting.
This role sits in our EMEA Reporting, Risk, Analytics and Platforms team. As well as impact assessment of new legislation and first line rule interpretation for local regulated entities (including a European Bank and a number of UK and European Investment and Asset Management Firms). This team also looks after prudential reporting, capital and liquidity analytics and forecasting.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to gain broad exposure to the activities of Macquarie divisions operating in EMEA and to build close relationships with these businesses and key support functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- working with the business to understand the impact of new products and services on our capital and liquidity calculations and reporting
- identifying and assessing the impact of new prudential regulatory requirements
- advising the production teams over regulatory requirements
- providing written interpretations and translation of regulations
- actively participating in the governance process over assumptions and interpretations
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- excellent knowledge of the current EU and UK prudential regimes, particularly CRD/CRR, some knowledge of IFR/IFD would be useful but not essential
- as ability to express complex topics simply and concisely
- a track record of building relationships across an organisation
- a well organised and methodical approach
- an ability to prioritise and see the big picture
- experience in assessing the impact of regulatory change on a business
- enjoy learning about new areas
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now!
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.