Here lies a unique opportunity for you to join our Group Treasury business as Manager/Senior Manager, Data Management, in a newly created role. You will join an existing team of Data professionals within Group Treasury, focused on driving disciplined and advanced data management capabilities in response to the growing importance of data as a strategic asset.
What impact will you have?
As a Data Management specialist, you will gain broad exposure to both projects and BAU activities. Working directly with our Group Treasury stakeholders, you will bring with you a knowledge of Financial products and a passion for solving complex problems. Day to day, you will be working on:
- Working closely with teams across Macquarie’s many businesses to gain a deeper understanding of business operations, systems and processes underpinning end-to-end data flows
- Investigating issues with our data quality, conducting root cause analysis and overseeing action plans for remediation
- Briefing senior management on data management initiatives and remediation progress for our known data quality issues
- Upskilling other Group Treasury teams in data management concepts and helping them to develop the necessary capabilities within their teams
- Coming up with innovative approaches to data management including implementation of automated data quality monitoring and machine learning models for anomaly detection
- Chairing data management engagement forums with various stakeholders across the organisation
- Making use of enterprise data management tools such as Collibra and Informatica IDQ to map data lineage and write / review data quality rules
- Designing and implementing standard operating procedures for data management activities to be followed across all Group Treasury teams
- Developing bespoke solutions for Group Treasury data management where existing tools are not fit for purpose
What skills will you use?
To be successful in this role you will possess 4-10 years’ experience in Data Management or Consulting, working with the Financial Services sector. You will have a proven track record of building stakeholder relationships and a passion for building recognition of data as a strategic asset. Other relevant skills and experience may include:
- knowledge of Financial products such as Bonds/Swaps or relevant domain experience within Capital, Treasury or Liquidity
- excellent problem solving skills and ability to reconcile complex issues
- strong communication skills are essential to work with all levels of stakeholders and to quickly build relationships
- attention to detail and the ability to prioritise responsibilities in a rapidly changing environment
- proven ability to take on ownership and demonstrate accountability for results, balanced by sound professional judgement
- ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
This is an exciting opportunity where you will find yourself involved in diverse work, utilising your strong communication skills to work collaboratively with and build relationships across Group Treasury. If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to reach out to Maddy Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and in combination with our inclusive environment, it enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.