- Exciting opportunity for an early-stage career professional in Macquarie’s FMG Data Discovery team
- Partner with Macquarie’s aligned technology team and work closely with senior business stakeholders and product owners to understand their business data requirements
- Utilise your strong communication skills, attention to detail and ability to quickly understand complex concepts
Do you love working with people, have a customer-service mindset and interested in pursuing or furthering your career in data? The FMG Data Discovery team is a strong, friendly, and diverse team of Data Business Analysts who work with various stakeholders across the Group.
In this position, you will work closely with finance and business stakeholders to help define data requirements, source data from across Macquarie, and partner with technology teams to implement solutions for a range of use cases. You will also respond to audit and Regulator requests and performance impact assessments for new products and changes.
You will apply a range of techniques to capture business data requirements and use your excellent analysis skills to comprehend data flows, understand data entity relationships and explain how data fits into system and business context to drive business outcomes.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience in a financial services or technology role
- Hands on experience in business data analysis and requirements gathering
- The ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to quickly understand complex concepts
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to work under pressure
It would be a bonus if you have any of the following (but, is not a pre-requisite):
- Knowledge of SQL and analysis techniques such as data profiling
- Some understanding of data modelling, data architecture principles, data warehousing or data hubs
- Some user experience of workflow automation, analytics or visualisation applications such as Alteryx, Power BI or comparable products
We highly value work-life balance and you will be partnered with one of our senior Data Business Analysts for training and development. We are also dedicated to being a diverse and inclusive place to work, so if this role is aligned to your career goals or aspirations, but perhaps you don’t meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. Should you have any questions, please contact Verity Morison at email@example.com, otherwise please apply via the link to be considered for this position.
About Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’ is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.